The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by supanorton » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:28 pm

I'd like to be able to email an mp3 or m4a directly from the app after mixdown.

rudi

Little idea

Post by rudi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 am

Hi, I've just purchased the Auria app and am dabbling with it. I have a little idea for a bluetooth iPhone control panel app. One that just has a user interface with the record, play and loop buttons and what have you, that's even more portable than the iPad. Just a thought. Thanks.

John2

Auria and MOGG import

Post by John2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:48 am

Importing MOGG multiple tracks files might be quite easy.
Any chance to see this as a standard import feature ?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria and MOGG import

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:51 am

Sure, we can add it to the list of things to look into. I appreciate it.

Rim

John2

Re: Auria and MOGG import

Post by John2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 am

Rim wrote:Sure, we can add it to the list of things to look into. I appreciate it.
Rim
Kooool :-)

decrepitude

Any midi planned?

Post by decrepitude » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

Are there plans to add midi editing, input/output - maybe even VST instruments? (VSTi)

Loving Auria so far!
-Mark

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Any midi planned?

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Most definitely. MIDI along with virtual instruments will appear in a future Auria version. I don't have any time estimate now, but we're working on it.

Thanks,
Rim

John2

Re: File management features request and some AAF questions

Post by John2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Rim wrote:
1) I would like to be able to address Mac's or PC's hard drives directly (e.g. via AFP) for file exchange. It is possible as many apps have this function these days (like Files Connect and Files Browser). An alternative way would be to access Auria's 'Disk' via a browser with a password. But I prefer direct access to my Mac's drive via AFP. It would make file exchange a lot faster, easier and better. I wouldn't need iTunes all the time which is a pain anyway. Especially if i visit another studio and want to hand over Wave files or an AAF file. I don't want my iPad to be opened in someones else's iTunes. iTunes is very strict already and If someone accidentally clicks on sync or does something else stupid they could damage my iPad.
Sounds like a great addition. Let me think about how we can do this. Thanks for the suggestion.
I definitely agree with this direct to mac link
It's quite long to UL/DL to/from dropbox, especially when the mac is just 2 meters away
I'll stick to dropbox UL/DL waiting for this update ;-)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: File management features request and some AAF questions

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 pm

A direct to Mac/PC link is going to take a while to implement, but it's a great idea. I'll keep this one on the list for a future update for sure.

Thanks,
Rim

decrepitude

Re: Any midi planned?

Post by decrepitude » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:51 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG! :shock: :shock: :shock:

yes, Yes, YES!!!!

Oh, I cant wait. BRAVO!!

pviney

Post by pviney » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:14 pm

@theaudiomaster.... I understand the quality issue with the current state of the midi instruments on iPad. But the quality I get from Addictive drums is outstanding! In that programs current state it could not work with iPad considering processing and available RAM of course. One can hope that someone could pull it off so Auria could be self contained so to speak, for us one man bands :mrgreen: I have not really found a drum app I like all that well on iPad. I am probably just biased toward addictive drums though.

theaudiomaster

Post by theaudiomaster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:27 pm

@pviney, he he... I think I can understand you ;) by the way programming audio apps on iDevices is a little bit different than the counterparts on mac (or pc) due to a device "limit": on MacOS an audio instruments is an overriding of some abstract classes (Like AUInstrumentBase)... On iDevices *all kinds of audio apps* are Audio Unit (also if they are standalone apps and not plugins like psp compressor for Auria for example). This mean - basically - that is a little bit more difficult to handle audio apps here on iDevices...expecially those that do implement midi/instruments functions.

(I program in C/Objective-C Cocoa for fun...definitely not a pro like the smart guys @ wafemachinelabs, but I can ensure you that it's not easy!)

Cheers

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 pm

In Apple's defense (yes, you can kill me now!): One has to keep in mind that these devices have never been even remotely designed to do this, and it's a miracle that an App like Auria is possible (and at that, in such high quality) at all.

If you compare that to "the other platform", where pro audio applications are not possible *at all* due to OS restrictions (a completely messed up audio stack, like we're used to from Linux) among other stuff... :)

Jemduff

Post by Jemduff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:46 pm

Audio region export like protools so I can mix down in the box and then export that region to sound cloud etc

bendy

Post by bendy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:45 am

Plus one for midi (virtual)

Even just start stop and sync as a start. Would let me sync my midi gear. And then really fly

Awesome app guys