The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 am

We've made it as blocky as we can when displaying more than 8 tracks. Making it more blocky didn't speed it up significantly. A faster iPad will solve this (iPad 3 is no faster in this regard).

Rim

larshove

Post by larshove » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 am

Would it affect performance to make fonts retina compatible?

jhale1966

Post by jhale1966 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 am

DEFINITELY MIDI Support. Both internal and external. If I had this, I could use Auria as an actual workstation instead of just as a scratchpad right now. I work on Symphonic/Jazz Band Pieces and I REALLY need the ability to control Virtual MIDI and External SoftSynths.
Jim Hale
MusicalQuests
http://www.musicalquests.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 am

Retina fonts are no problem for things like buttons, but images that contain text as part of the image (like the mixer screen) won't improve unless we replace that entire image as a retina image, and that's when the memory starts being eaten up.

Thanks,
Rim

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 am

@Rim: About the slowness with waveform drawing: What kind of caching do you do for waveform drawing?

I'm not sure, but if you use OpenGL for drawing, it would probably be a good idea to render a huge image of the entire Waveform of each part just ONCE and store it, and then just scale it while drawing using the OpenGL functions? That should be lightning fast (after being slow only once at the beginning, when the waveform image is generated)

As it is now, it sounds as if you analyse the audio file each time you draw, for each vertical line / block?

I've written the code for drawing the waveforms in Blender's sequencer, and that's how I've done it IIRC :)
Last edited by instinctive on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

distraub
Expert

Post by distraub » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 am

Rim wrote:We've made it as blocky as we can when displaying more than 8 tracks. Making it more blocky didn't speed it up significantly. A faster iPad will solve this (iPad 3 is no faster in this regard).

Rim
Would it be possible to turn rendering off while scrolling? I would even be fine with having smooth scrolling with empty boxes, then when I let go it would render them in?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:48 am

Guys, unfortunately, I can't get into any more specifics about our drawing code (I feel like I've opened a pandora's box ;) I hope you understand.

Thanks,
Rim

DougA

Re: File management features request and some AAF questions

Post by DougA » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 am

Am I missing something? Like Delete functions. It would be useful to have a delete for projects. I really don't wish to use iTunes for this type of file management.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Deleting is easy. Just swipe the project name while in the load project screen (same thing for audio files in the Load Audio File screen).

Rim

DougA

Post by DougA » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks. I missed that one, but makes sense. I'm still gettin used to iPad "ways" of doing things.
BTW The app sounds great.

ragno7

Post by ragno7 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Some kind of Elastic Audio / Warp / Time Correcting tool like the ones you find in Ableton Live, Pro Tools, etc...

More cool vst plugins, maybe Camel Audio would be interested, I'd love to see Timeless, CamelSpace or CamelPhat here.... or something like Artillery....

But for the interface... the elastic warp thing would be amazing...

Nique

Post by Nique » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Tap Tempo
SoundToys plug-ins, ie Decapitator
Sonoma WireWorks GuitarJack Control Panel SDK
AudioBus

Thanks WaveMachineLabs for Auria as-is, really sweet!

pviney

Post by pviney » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 pm

I am waiting for an addictive drums type of VSTi. Drumagog is great for replacement but for those that use loops or an electric kit to trigger samples and would like the sound to be that of an actual recorded drum it would be awesome. Of course this could only come once Midi is implemented. Day one purchase for me if possible. I use Addictive drums on a daily basis in Cubase and can't live without it when recording.

theaudiomaster

Post by theaudiomaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:54 pm

From one hand it would nice to have some i_OS_VST_i (VSTinstruments for iOS) like those in Meteor Multitrack app... but... i tried it... its quality is nevertheless near that in Auria... so i would prefer a little (and more than a little indeed) quality more than a vsti... remember that there are many synth and sampler on iPad, compatible with Audiocopy/Audiopaste ... and a lot of midi sequencer that are able to internally dictate midi to them... !

I consider Auria like a Soundcraft or a Neve (okay... maybe a Neve sounds "a little bit" better, he he), a true audio signal console... obviously they are only my two cents ;)

theaudiomaster

Post by theaudiomaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 pm

More wishlist:

It would be useful being able to wipe out and rearrange tracks in edit window instead to manually rearrange the regions from a track to other... let's say you recorded a bass line. on track 1, so you record a drum pattern on track 2.. and you say "i prefer to have first the drum track and second the bass track in this order".. you now only can manually move regions in track 2 to track 1 and viceversa.

Would be cool instead being able to rearrange the tracks in some sort of Logic-ish or Pro Tools-ish flavour ...

Thanks,

Mike