The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pisco

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by pisco » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am

Hello,

I think its tiny to implement the export of the mixdown function in a more generic fashion to let the user choose to which cloud service he'd like to upload the file. As in other iOS apps the export should open a dialog from were the user choose a app for a ceratin service (dropbox, google drive, ownclod, WebDAVNav, whatever_is_installed ....)

The other way arround: If I have a file attached on a email, Auria could also be of of the app were a file could be importet. I think Auria has just to 'register' to iOS as a audio file capable app.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks

pisco

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:49 am

Feature request:

A much higher (vertical) grid resolution when in bars:beats mode and you're zoomed out. Not necessarily the bar numbers if they won't fit, but at least more vertical lines. That would make things a lot easier and faster to orient things (and yourself), duplicate, edits, move things around etc. Now you're kinda blind without any lines when zoomed out on a project to get an overview and do all those things. Would that be possible for a future version?

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 am

ChrisG wrote:Feature request:

A much higher (vertical) grid resolution when in bars:beats mode and you're zoomed out...
(+1) — I'm guessing the desire was to keep the screen clean and uncluttered, but I think this idea has merit. It would save us from zooming in and out as much, which would save a lot of time. I'm picturing lines that are progressively lighter/thinner for each smaller subdivision. It would also be good if it could be shown and hidden with a toggle, i.e. "show precision grid" / "hide precision grid"

Ideally, snapping could be on or off when the grid was showing, so there would be a choice between visual alignment and precision auto-alignment.

I hope you can do this one, Rim..
— Can you hum a few bars? —

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:01 am

It's a good idea. I'll look into this in a future update.

Rim

Crumballs

Post by Crumballs » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hi, just tried latest auria update and everything's working great!
The email option is super useful.
Big thanks to the team.
Would it be possible to have a "duplicate track" on next update?
Or does it already exist and I just haven't worked it out yet?
Thanks

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:08 am

I don't think it would be cluttered, the other options have alot more vertical lines when zoomed out. I'm not saying that every beat necessarily have to have a line when fully zoomed out, but right now it's basically completely empty so there's room for a few more lines in there. :)

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:12 pm

And if one could see longer which tracks are in solo mode or armed when zooming out - would be great !

RobB
Expert

Post by RobB » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:05 am

Is there a possibility of Auto Return to work when recording as well as play?
I'm forever scrolling back to where I started recording from. though there is a workaround by touching the zoom slider.

And if region renaming isn't coming for a while would it be possible to keep the names of files pasted via Audiopaste rather than renaming them AudioPaste X ?

Later Edit: Auto return does work on record, I meant the screen redrawing back to the start. Probably obvious.
Last edited by RobB on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:37 am

Definitely possibilities. I've added both to my list for future versions.

Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 am

pipo79 wrote:And if one could see longer which tracks are in solo mode or armed when zooming out - would be great !
Maybe the track number could turn red or yellow? Or a tiny colored dot to the left of the track name?

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:26 am

Import audio as new track would be a really nice option.

RobB
Expert

Post by RobB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:37 am

After spending most of today recording my next two wishes are:
(I think both these have been asked for before)

Loop to work in record mode creating multiple takes that sit on top of each other and can then be moved to their own tracks.

The record button and the track colour swatch button switched. The zoom level I work at always seems to keep the track record button hidden. Or some other way of having the track view record button more accessible.
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 am

You can already create new tracks when you import audio. There's a + in the box where you select which track to put the audio on. This creates a new track.

Rim

AurIAN

Post by AurIAN » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi y'all. I luv Auria because I only needed to add an "n" so that my name - Ian - could be made out of it. Lucky me. "AurIAN". Further, I love WAVES DOUBLER VST plug-in. I've tried many others but none compare. ADT, FabFilter Timeless 2, and others (including using stereo delay with a short time delay) do not produce a desirably phat sound that is necessary for synths/vocal/etc for Electro House/Dubstep/Club Thumperz (I just made up that last genre, but it soundz enticing!). Q: Will you Aurians put some muscle on Waves and get them to go the iOS route with you? I suspect they are currently gearing up to join this iOS revolution (how can they resist?). If Auria gets Waves online then I'm sure Auria will benefit immensely. Waves Stereo Widener VST alone would be incentive for more dance producers/remixers to jump all over Auria. If Waves mastering plug-ins were an option then Auria dance producers wouldn't have to master on their computers' DAWs (Ableton, Protools, etc.); Auria would be a complete all-in-one doggone DAW! In the meantime, if anyone knows a good trick to get a doubler/quadrupler effect within Auria then respond here in detail.
Mighty Gracious,
Aurian

jbw
Expert

Post by jbw » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:06 am

I'd like to see a notepad added to Auria. Often times I'll want to jot something down, an idea I don't have time for or something along those lines, and while there are about a billion notebook apps in the appstore it would be nice to have one in Auria itself. Just a thought, and probably not too much of a drain on iPad resources I'm guessing.