The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gdog
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by gdog » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:59 am

. Multitouch controls for Fabfilter plugs - eg control filter, res, etc at the same time (can only do 2max at the moment, by creating & mapping an XY inside FF plugs)

Many thanks, & all the best <3

thebioguy
Expert

Pogoplug support

Post by thebioguy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 am

I have 1 terabyte of storage in an external hd attached to my wireless router. With Pogoplug, I can move files back and forth between my ipad and the hd. This would be a great addition to Auria.

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:07 am

More understandable, easy-to-use presets on FX. I still have a hard time figuring out the Expander and the Channel Strip in general. I'm a home user. Give us some suggestive defaults for each FX. For example, the Channel Strip has suggested defaults for the entire strip. But the individual FX within the strip don't have suggested defaults.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:04 am

louparte wrote:More understandable, easy-to-use presets on FX. I still have a hard time figuring out the Expander and the Channel Strip in general. I'm a home user. Give us some suggestive defaults for each FX. For example, the Channel Strip has suggested defaults for the entire strip. But the individual FX within the strip don't have suggested defaults.
I'd say the mixer should perhaps sometime down the road get a second interface that gives users a better visual feedback on what's going on. Like a typical modern graphical feedback for the parametric EQ showing the band lines, fequencies, Q factor etc ala a DAW (like Cubase or whatever). So a switch between uber retro, which would be the current user interface, and a modern one. Not dissin the current one tho, it is fun to use but..well it can be a bit confusing if you weren't around mixing Abba tracks.

Another thing that would be nice is an audio pool for each project that gives a clear overview of all the audio in the current project. Showing both currently used files and not used files so you can delete files as you see fit and not rely on the automatic process.

A switch to turn off automatic saving for a current project would be useful too.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:40 am

It would be nice to have a status bar for the uploads to dropbox, once Auria is automatically connected to it. Right now i have to guess when i can quit, or it'll abort the action.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 am

ChrisG wrote: A switch to turn off automatic saving for a current project would be useful too.
That's actually a good idea. Quite often i find myself just playing around with a project and then quit it, but forgot to make a back up of the original project.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

When i have three Fabfilter instances running, and want to access the control points of an instance, i have to scroll for about half a minute, which makes it almost impossible to work with them.

It would be nice to have some kind of second menu or something that highlights either just lists the used attributes or lists all the instances separately.

CEIsar
Expert

Re: Tempo synced delay

Post by CEIsar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am

Rim wrote:The stereo delay and chorus plugins currently don't support tempo sync, but it's something on our list for a future update.

Thanks,
Rim

any news on that front?i didn't take care before but after i purchased volcano ant timeless i need it BADLY!
feels like half of the potential of this great plugs get lost without having the chance to sync em.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

ipadmusiccom

Post by ipadmusiccom » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:05 pm

After version 1.06 MIDI Clock is really needed in order to sync tempo with other apps.
I understand that in Auria there's no MIDI yet but maybe it is possible to make MIDI clock based on the song tempo.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:26 am

Would love to see a function to loop selected regions.Just a in Logic pro.Select the last region of certain tracks,press loop and it will continue playing in a loop until the end of a song or until you place another"real"duplicate again.You only see a kind of"ghost copies"where the loop is playing.This can speed up the editor (not necessary to make the waveform visible in the ghost copies or at least not in this quality)and can improve the workflow for loop based producer dramatically.And there are some.Not all of us like the Ableton Clipthing,i know a lot who are working with Cubase/Logic and Auria is a very tempting app for such producer as well.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am

This has been mentioned a few times before, but with all the latest updates I thought I'd ask about automation being tied with the Region. I'm working mostly on audio with video projects, and each time there is a picture change it's difficult to conform Auria's session if a change happens late in the post process. Now that the multi-select Regions works much easier, to me having the automation tied with those edits would bring much more power to this app.

Best regards,
phil.

jasbart

Post by jasbart » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:53 am

The ability to email directly from Auria would be very valuable to those of us who are sending mp3 audio files to clients. I realize we can send an email with a link to Dropbox, but requiring that extra step of a client who's used to just clicking on an attached audio file isn't good business.

Thanks, Jim
iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, 16 gb
Pro Tools 8.0.5
OS X 10.7.5

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 pm

I've noticed I keep missing the "open in..." feature with Auria when fetching audio from my network, emails or websites etc. Dunno if anyone mentioned it before, haven't read the whole thread. Just a minor thing, but would help integrate Auria even more with iOS.

meltdown

Post by meltdown » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Midi editor
Midi-clock sync
Timestretch
And foremost different time signatures tempo track :mrgreen:

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:27 am

ChrisG and meltdown + 1