The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ricardo Cardoso

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Ricardo Cardoso » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:58 pm

your app have suprised me in the profissional aproach You guys gave your software with a lot protools funcions with a beatiful Nuendo/ pro tools look and institive operation, to us profissionals of audio getting the best of both worlds is perfect, even with some minor busgs(what áudio software dont have them) but now here goes my wish list and my vision of what your software could improve in the future and what it could do to Make it more useful in the present.

For now it would be increadible if it could be A complemet of the big daws in the market and implement some kind of áudio quantize and/or a similar beat detective with time streach or just auto cros fades

And a bettter and manual kind of melodine since both funcions are time comsuming and a mobile of them would facilitate our live On The road or just not be chained in front a computer incide a Studio
The ploblem in the case of beat detective could be small memory or processor on these devices but with some creativity i imagine would not be a problem for You guys that already did so much, maybe This could be incluided for the new ipads

One simple desser coud Be a easy and great adition to bundled plugins or chanel strip

For the future Auria to be take seriously as a Daw and in time replace the desktop ones and be used for Studio Recording and DVD or live recording, instead of informal composition and demo , as Recording tool is improtant to implement some kind of external file media a hard disk or ssd record so it can be use to carry aroud a Full álbum or full live show, maybe something that can only be implemented On future new ios upgrades it maybe be possible with some kind of wifi externa hard disks better would be a wired one.
Thank You Very much and keep the great job

Ricardo Cardoso
Recording enginner
20years career
Graduated át. Full sail class 91

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:40 pm

i have a simple one:

would love to adjust the edit screens background brightness,its more exhausting for my eyes to look at a white background.Maybe a brightness fader in the settings menue or a simple drop down menu with 5 different (decent) colours would help a lot.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

jpmonroyal

Post by jpmonroyal » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 am

Yo yo!
So auria has definitely brought me back to the idea of ipad recording. I appreciate the time and effort you guys have put into a product with such potential! The future is now (*robot voice)! I've also read through all of this wish list thread (believe it) and do agree with a majority of the improvements/features being asked for. I was going to make a list, to keep it handy, but laziness is a bitch.

So one feature that I haven't seen people ask for is the ability to mixdown individual tracks. I do several recordings to sample in beatmaker and would love to be able to have each track as a separate file. Pretty Please???

Another improvement, which has been talked about a lot, would be the editor. Editing regions in auria is definitely not for banana hands. Garageband's editor, in my opinion, has been probably the easiest region editor to handle. From the tap popup options to the way it handles looping and general splitting/trimming has been the most successful. Easy. Apple will probably sue you guys, but its ok, as long as I get a sweet editor! Aw yiss.

And lastly, your IAP FX selection is totally badass. Maybe a bit too badass. If there was a selection for the least fortunate, I wouldn't mind. Maybe a poor man's bundle? FX that sound good but might not have the depth/tweakability of the $20 monsters you have available.

Thanks again!

dominicperry
Expert

Limiter per track

Post by dominicperry » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 am

I would very much like a limiter on each track. Either a sophisticated one like the Master Track version, or something simpler. There are effectively two versatile limiters on the Master Strip, but none on the channels.

At the moment, I can use Normalize, but as it's destructive, I can only use it sparingly.

Dominic

mtingle
Expert

Re: Limiter per track

Post by mtingle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 pm

dominicperry wrote:I would very much like a limiter on each track. Either a sophisticated one like the Master Track version, or something simpler. There are effectively two versatile limiters on the Master Strip, but none on the channels.

At the moment, I can use Normalize, but as it's destructive, I can only use it sparingly.

Dominic
Out of interest why would someone want to use a limiter on a per-track basis? I can understand a compressor to control dynamics but in the digital domain a limiter doesn't seem to serve a purpose. But I'm certainly no expert hence the question.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:06 pm

For me, it's quite nice to have a per-track limiter when doing overdubs. Instead of spending ages with compressors, you can record a new track, turn the limiter on and bring it up in the mix without killing all the other tracks. A limiter on the Master out doesn't work in the same way. It's just my way of easily getting a loud headphone mix from the existing tracks without much fuss so that I can overdub the next track. When it comes to mixing, I turn them off and do something a bit more subtle!

There are probably other ways, and maybe better ways of doing it, it's just what I'm used to. In Studio One I put a Multiband Compressor and a Limiter on each track, crank it and move on to recording the next track. Takes about 5 seconds.

Dominic

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:30 pm

dominicperry wrote:For me, it's quite nice to have a per-track limiter when doing overdubs. Instead of spending ages with compressors, you can record a new track, turn the limiter on and bring it up in the mix without killing all the other tracks. A limiter on the Master out doesn't work in the same way. It's just my way of easily getting a loud headphone mix from the existing tracks without much fuss so that I can overdub the next track. When it comes to mixing, I turn them off and do something a bit more subtle!

There are probably other ways, and maybe better ways of doing it, it's just what I'm used to. In Studio One I put a Multiband Compressor and a Limiter on each track, crank it and move on to recording the next track. Takes about 5 seconds.

Dominic
You could try the built in compressor set to max (LIM) a low threshold and with the MkUp button engaged and saved as a preset. Quite a quick way to boost a track volume without it clipping the track. I'm told a limiter is in fact a compressor with the ratio set to infinity. Whether a dedicated limiter will give more options for how it behaves when driven might be of more use.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks for the advice. I think you have also struck upon the limiter function already there - 'LIM' on the compressor.. I'll give it a go and see whether it does the job.

Thanks

EDIT: Tried this. It doesn't work as well as what I'm used to in S1. Depends on the material, but doesn't produce the effect I'm after. An alternative would be multiple plug-in compressors, but I don't think I have that option. Maybe if I buy the PSP Microwarmer.

Dominic

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 pm

drock wrote:... Also regarding the metronome, it would be great if it had a accent on 1 (or if we could choose the accent) and maybe even a woodblock sound would be nice too.
+1 I really really dislike the metronome sound in Auria. It would be great allow us a choice of sounds, or better yet, a way to import our own sound.

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm

DavePDX wrote:
drock wrote:... Also regarding the metronome, it would be great if it had a accent on 1 (or if we could choose the accent) and maybe even a woodblock sound would be nice too.
+1 I really really dislike the metronome sound in Auria. It would be great allow us a choice of sounds, or better yet, a way to import our own sound.
+1 also. Rimshot, woodblock, or hihat metronome would be a nice addition.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 pm

dominicperry wrote:Maybe if I buy the PSP Microwarmer.
I've got this and it hots up a track quite nicely, maybe what your after but not a true limiter.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm

mtingle wrote:
dominicperry wrote:Maybe if I buy the PSP Microwarmer.
I've got this and it hots up a track quite nicely, maybe what your after but not a true limiter.
It lets me stack compressors, which does a good job of either slamming levels if you need it, or subtle sounding but substantial compression. A good trick!

Dominic

Maarten1978

Post by Maarten1978 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Hello,

Since the Auria devs are working on midi functionality, I'd like to submit a request. I have some hardware synths and would love to see the option of importing and using 'instrument definition files' (preferably 'cubase format') in Auria. This would make the use of outboard gear much more practical. I love the app and I'm looking forward to what the Auria team comes up with next. Keep up the good work!!!

Regards

Maarten

Domi166

Post by Domi166 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:17 am

I'm gonna buy auria when it supports multiple tempos in one song.
I mean that I can change the tempo at a point of the song.
Would be really nice.
Best regards
Domi

StudioSteve

Post by StudioSteve » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:05 am

Someone must have already asked this question, so forgive me in advance:

Will Auria ever be able to run on different (non Apple) Tablets, or will it forever be an exclusively Apple application?

I would LOVE to see this great product branch out to different platforms. It would shake things up a bit. Ya think?