The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jabberwocker

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by jabberwocker » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

I would love too see some kind of recording/tracking mode, with much larger transport controls etc. Arrange, mix...record!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 am

The output matrix will only allow selecting which USB outputs you want to use for various subgroups and aux sends. It won't work like DJay and others because of a bug in iOS6 which appears when using multichannel interfaces. Once they fix this bug, we will add more functionality to select multiple routes like sending one output to the built-in headphones and another to USB, etc.

Rim

sealpt
Expert

Post by sealpt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:31 am

Not sure if this was covered before.

I would like to see the following:

First off, I would like to see "insert measures". I find that I like to tinker with "part" ideas in a song. I usually do this in the measures after the bulk of the song in some clear space. At that point I would like to move the loop point indicators and hit "inser measures". This would not only insert measures, but split the audio that overlapped the loop points. At this point, I would move my new measures into the blank area and see how it all fits together.

Which brings me to part two. I would like the ability to "sweep" a selection set spanning several measures and tracks just by sweeping from upper left to lower right, or something like that, to quickly select regions without picking them one at a time using the group select icon.

The third thing I would like is a pull down showing a list of the things you have done, and how far back the current list of undo's will go. In my manipulating of parts I got carried away and started hitting undo. As it turns out, the region I had deleted was not only so far back that I couldn't retrieve it, but I un did all the other steps I was working on in the meantime. Having a list of recent undo's would at least show that there is no sence wasting my time trying to retrieve a deleted region since that happened so long ago that there aren't enough undo's to even reach it anymore.

Great product by the way!

Thank you,
Shawn.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Video import from my camera roll Please !,

virul3nt

Post by virul3nt » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Rim wrote:The output matrix will only allow selecting which USB outputs you want to use for various subgroups and aux sends. It won't work like DJay and others because of a bug in iOS6 which appears when using multichannel interfaces. Once they fix this bug, we will add more functionality to select multiple routes like sending one output to the built-in headphones and another to USB, etc.

Rim
Thanks for the info!

Tlgdmb123

Post by Tlgdmb123 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Video import from my camera roll Please !,
This seems a very obvious requirement that seems to be regularly being requested. As a new user to Auria I was amazed to find this was not an option! Can we please get a statement of what is happening on this front.? I have an Ipad with HD recording built in - I have pinnacle for basic Video editing on the go, I have Auria for audio with the video add-in but cant get the video into it without wifi etc to work on the video.

I think we deserve some clarity on when this is being implemented please.

jrech
Expert

Take Folder

Post by jrech » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 am

I have been working with logic for quite some time. I just discovered Auria this weekend. I am going to mix a few tracks this week on it. One of the tools that I love in Logic is the take folder. It would be awesome if Auria could have a take folder of even 2 or three takes max, and then the ability to comp those tracks together.

Thanks,

Jody
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

iOSMusician

Post by iOSMusician » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 pm

in the MIDI update, will MIDI learn for knobs inside of plugins be added? :lol:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am

Video import from camera roll sounds easy, but requires a lot of work to make the existing import screen support this. This will get added, but I want to focus on getting rid of some of the more pressing bugs first.

Rim

Tlgdmb123

Post by Tlgdmb123 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:16 am

Rim, thanks for the reply on the video import. Looking forward to this in the hopefully not too distant future.

Looking forward to the 1.04 release. :D

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 pm

If it hasn't been mentioned, I would ask for an extended Marker list that we can also edit the names. There have been projects that I would have liked to use Auria for, but have needed to create quite a few markers and also edit the names. Don't know how difficult this would be to implement but it would help my workflow.

Regards,

Phil.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm

A few things:

Add a small 'notes' box to jot down quick ideas about the project (helpful if you don't want to keep switching back and forth to the built in notes app). This would be especially useful if you're bouncing around to different projects all the time.

Also, in the mixdown window, the ability to choose which tracks get mixed down along with the 'entire song' and 'locator selection' that already exist because currently, a mixdowns unfortunately include scratch tracks at the top of the track list and that doesn't work for final production.

Thanks!

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 am

sorry, but can't you just mute the tracks you don't want to include in the mixdown?

You know, the more features, the more possible bugs and problems. One should keep the app as simple as possible and only include features that are really necessary. The notepad for each project is a good idea, but I think we can live without it, and use a simple piece of paper if we don't want to switch apps.

I could think of many things to be added in Auria, go-to-locators commands, named markers, jump to next/previous marker, bigger transport buttons pop-up, etc. But this is more cosmetic, not really important. When MIDI clock or even MTC is implemented, and AudioBus, I may perhaps ask for a notepad feature.

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 am

Ironically, I found to mute the tracks not needed for mix down after I posted that. Ugh, I'm such a newb. I'm a creative and not an engineer (my sound engineer brother got married and isn't around any more :lol:
The notes thing isn't mandatory but I just threw it in. But yeah, I agree, getting audiobus and midi support is more needed. Thanks again.

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:45 pm