The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

harpman
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by harpman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

What about wireless versus hardwired USB. I currently own the Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL and their iPad app needs no wires. Great for recording live gigs FOH (Front of House).
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Sound Engineer / Harmonica
Stefani Entertainment

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Huh? The Presonus iPad app talks wirelessly to a networked PC (Windows or Mac), which is wired to the 1818 via USB. The 1818 has no wireless capability itself. The iPad app is just a remote control for the Audiobox VSL software running on the PC.

harpman
Expert

Post by harpman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm not talking about the Presonus VSL mixer on my iPad, I'm talking about the Auria Mixer accessing my Presonus Audiobox 1818 device that is physically connected to my PC via USB cable. So to clarify my question, can the Auria virtual mixer on my iPad connect to my PC wirelessly in the same way the Presonus virtual mixer can on my iPad. If not, that would be a big feature request. I don't want to be wired to my PC via USB when the equipment is behind stage. I want to be able to control the FOH wirelessly.
Musically Yours,

Giovanni Stefani
Sound Engineer / Harmonica
Stefani Entertainment

newbreednet
Expert

CPU/RAM meter

Post by newbreednet » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Could the CPU meter (under the transport options) be made to show CPU and RAM instead of CPU and DISK?
Disk has never been a problem for me on iPad 3 and it takes me out of workflow to cycle to the RAM page.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:36 am

Sorry if this has already been wished for but

A Global view button would be very handy sometimes

Or.

Just just a slider view would be handy for live mixing for once all other tweaks have been done

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 am

Still loving the learning experience of this app.. so much to it :D

Adding to our already long feature requests (after midi support of course):
- multi-band compressor plugin
- volume maximizer
- Easier way to select multiple regions (maybe a "select" mode where I can just drag to select?)

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 am

I'd like to put in a vote for the following:

1. Option to cache selected Dropbox folders for working offline
2. Ability to preview cached Dropbox audio from the file selection area
3. Timestretch (automatic when using an Apple Loop)

This would transform Auria's ability to make use of commercial Apple Loop sample libraries

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Please !!! Video import from my camera roll. Please. I have a multitrack audio recording app that allows this so I know you can too.

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:29 pm

About a possible midi-track update (or version): A chord track to control chord changes to various midi tracks / instruments would be nice. (Along with playing styles / patterns like in Garageband's Smart instruments.)
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

virul3nt

Post by virul3nt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:Please !!! Video import from my camera roll. Please. I have a multitrack audio recording app that allows this so I know you can too.
Sorry, which multitrack audio recording app? I thought Auria was the only multitrack audio app that supported video import.
I've got Auria + the video expansion but could use a bit more video flexibility (which I'm sure Auria will implement in a future update; hence why I invested).

atomgram

Post by atomgram » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:41 am

New to Auria and am very pleased. Recording and mixing a full length album in the upstairs of our old farmhouse. Acoustic songwriter stuff with a large condenser and some direct box lines. Going great will post some rough tracks soon. How about a pop up control menu for automation with controls for moving the selection around, deleting and curve choices. Would make cleaning up captured edits a breeze. Thanks for the hard work on this.

Banyon

Post by Banyon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:14 am

Sorry if suggestions are dups... This thing is now up to 20 pages, hard to catch up on everything...

I saw talk earlier in the year that the iPad would have to be more powerful than the iPad 3 to justify retina support. Does the newest iPad meet that power requirement?

I was listening to iTunes, IHeartRadio, a podcast, and a TV show this morning at 2 AM with my Bluetooth headphones, but Auria insisted on playing through the speaker. Is that something I can change now, or am I suggesting a feature for a future version?

Banyon

Post by Banyon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 am

Oh, and I second the suggestion made earlier for a window to ask how many instances of a duplicated region should be created...

jasbart

Post by jasbart » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 pm

jasbart wrote:This has been posted before, but I'd like to back it up: the ability to email files (specifically mp3s) from inside Auria. Similar to what TwistedWave does.
Sorry to respond to my own entry, but including the ability to email directly from Auria would be very helpful.

Thanks, Jim
iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, 16 gb
Pro Tools 8.0.5
OS X 10.7.5

virul3nt

Post by virul3nt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I wanted to ask a bit more about the "Output Matrix" that will be in 1.04. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere!
Will this just be used for multi-output USB interfaces? Or can this be used in a combination of USB and Headphone outputs?
I saw that the "DJay" app actually lets you combine USB and Headphone outputs with their latest release, given the new multi-route audio capabilities of iOS6, so you can have the main stereo out via a USB interface and actually use the headphone outputs as a separate stereo Cue output. Will Auria have a similar functionality? I'm wondering if my Alesis iODock (which is stereo only) could handle the main outputs while I run a separate stereo send to a hardware FX unit via the iPad's minijack Headphone out jack. How amazing would that be?!