The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:16 pm

There's a way to lock the selections in place, so you don't accidentally deselect them. Just double-tap on the multiselect tool after making your selection. This locks the selections. You can then move them around without worrying about loosing your selections.

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:20 pm

very cool, thanks rim - also do you know if there's an option that allows the horizontal zoom(the slider in the top right of the ui) to zoom in at the cursor? if not, consider this a feature request :)

love this app so far btw!

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Just use your fingers ;) The pinch to zoom feature is the most accurate way to zoom. Just center your fingers around the cursor and pinch. You can adjust each finger in real time to fine tune as you zoom.

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:59 pm

i definitely knew this is possible with two fingers; was just curious if there was a faster way to target zoom in quickly on very tiny regions. but i just have to remind myself - this is not a desktop daw! ;)

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Exactly, and I feel that's one of Auria's biggest strengths. Once you get used to using your fingers to zoom, I think you'll find it's hard to go back to the "old" way. I can zoom in on a specific piece of audio using Auria in a fraction of the time it would take me on a conventional DAW. One tip is to use the same hand (some people use two hands, but we feel it's much faster with one hand).

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:41 am

A simple pitch function, that i can use per automation would be awesome. Like when i want to built up some tension with a string sample, that slowly goes up and up. I hope you get what i'm trying to say :)

It's a standard feature on any DAW as far as i know, and it's something that i could use right now heh

Best wishes!

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:21 am

Can i actually copy automation control points? For example, when i set the control points for a sample, and then i'm duplicating it, which works just fine, the control points won't come with it. Or, for example, when i set the control points for a specific eq parameter, and then i want to have the exact same adjustments on another parameter. I'm doing this all per hand now, which can be quite intensive when you're trying to create some modulations :)

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:06 am

I don't know wether this is possible, but when i'm editing automation control points, my finger always seems to be in the way, so that i can't see exactly where i'm going to set the point :) Some kind of magnifier, like the one you have whenever you type something, would be really nice. But like i said, maybe that's not possible with your ui. Is just an idea i had today :)

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:19 am

- make tempo to selection function.

When working with audio that has no known tempo it would be good if auria could set the tempo from the size of the current selection or the distance between locators. Ideally auria would give you a choice of tempos to choose from depending on whether you have selected 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars, 4 bars, 8 bars or 16 bars.
Last edited by mtingle on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Fria

Post by Alex Fria » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 am

A tool for changing pitch with the options of altering or not the playback speed and changing playback speed with the options of altering or not the pitch. I would consider it a very welcome feature.

I really liked the guitar pluggin, but it's very CPU eater, so some kind of multiband distortion and aliasing degrade could be usefull to electrify some drums and stuff...

garockey@gmail.com

edit ID3 tags

Post by garockey@gmail.com » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:40 pm

I am still looking for an app that will allow me to edit ID3 tags (track title, artist, album, track #, etc.) in MP3 files, including cover art. This would allow me to produce my podcast completely from my iPad. Any chance that Auria could facilitate editing of ID3 information in MP3 files?

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:59 am

replace frozen track with rendered audio into the track (24bit).

if you know that the frozen track is fine and you want to print the effects onto the audio but would like carry on making edits to the track (ie splitting, moving, fading, duplicating and deleting parts of the track).

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:34 am

mtingle wrote:replace frozen track with rendered audio into the track (24bit).

if you know that the frozen track is fine and you want to print the effects onto the audio but would like carry on making edits to the track (ie splitting, moving, fading, duplicating and deleting parts of the track).
That's a very good idea! Been missing that lately. At the moment i will just mixdown the seperate track and import it back again.

guillermo

Automation write to end

Post by guillermo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Great app! Maybe a write to end possibility for automation...

Thank you

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 am

I don't know wether this is a bug or a desired effect, but it seems to me that the automation has some kind of lag. It just doesn't hit the control points exactly, it's always a little behind. Makes it hard for me to modulate sounds exactly.