The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

recon472

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by recon472 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi, I have some features which would be very helpful.

Tempo track, ability to set different tempo throughout the track.

And ability to record more takes into one track and then choose which one do we want or even to cut them into pieces and make a one final take from it.

Best Regards

Tmidiman

YouTube videos needed

Post by Tmidiman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 pm

It would be nice if there were some videos on YouTube showing the in-app plug ins and IRs you can purchase. I feel kind of blind seeing them in the store, but not really getting a sense of what I would be purchasing.

In this high tech age of being able to record on an iOS device it is a shame that in app purchases are given just a static screen shot. A video description of current and on going plug in additions is a must.

Put up those video- descriptions!

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:25 am

Does Auria not support importing of MP4 files? If not, is this planned for the future?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:02 am

Auria doesn't support MP4 files currently, but it's something we could add in a future update.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 am

Wish LIst (apologies if some of these have been mentioned before):

-mute clip. essential for trying out different arrangements

-move automation with clip

-programable short cut buttons. certain functions are used very often such as duplicate, delete clip, delete control point etc but are buried in drop down menus. an area of the screen could be set aside for short cut icons that can be programmed with the functions of your choice making for quicker editing.

-lasso many clips in one go. selecting a bunch of clips for a complex part such as a chopped up drum part is laborious. the double tap select tool could be used for selection multiple parts in one go.

-overlapping clips need a way to tessellate between which clip is shown on top.

-when zoomed out and the tracks are small, double tapping the track name could expand the track height to reveal it large enough so that editing and automation are possible. double tapping the track name after reduces it to the previous size.

-loop to selected. loop markers are created around the currently selected clips.

-double tapping the rewind button jumps back to previous marker. double tapping forward jumps to next marker

-a way to sacrifice graphic resolution for a more responsive to touch display (currently using iPad 2).

love the app, keep up the great work :)

oh, and midi with VSTi virtual instruments of course!

amahdigital
Expert

Post by amahdigital » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:22 am

Hi there, just recently purchased and been using Auria for a few days , just testing and putting it through its paces -very good job so far and great tool for production and more! .will there be anyway in future that whole projects can be dumped and saved direct from iPad to an external hard drive? been trying to save to Dropbox but just getting errors ( maybe a zipp feature from within app maybe ) iam still a bit new to all this but looking forward to the next update fixes .thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 am

Hi,

Sure, it's very easy to do this now. Just connect your iPad to your computer, launch iTunes, then use iTunes File Sharing to transfer any projects or audio files you want back and forth.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello there. I would like to see-

1. A metronome count in before recording.

2. Ability to set multiple different tempos during a project. (I'm writing stuff that jumps between common time and odd time)

3. A metronome accent on the down as well as being able to turn off the accent.

4. AirPlay support for those of us who have nice LibraTone wifi speakers. (although this isn't super critical)

Thanks!

schroedpot

Post by schroedpot » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Having this app is like Christmas and an orgasm bundled up in a sticky-good package! Incredible job. Just mind-blowing.

I've been Pro Tools-ing since version 1.0 (damn, I'm old). I love the software and the system, and use it professionally every work day, but it's terribly over-priced, and probably always will be. Maybe Auria will change that. What a powerful and useful tool you've created.

Now to my request (or question, if I've missed this);

Is there a way of selecting all or several of a track's automation points and moving them?

I've been reading through this thread, and admiring the one-on-one responsiveness, Rim. Thank you!

amahdigital
Expert

Post by amahdigital » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Excellent -thanks Rim for quick reply !

offthesky
Expert

a couple idears

Post by offthesky » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:24 am

i love what this app can do... theres nothing like it for any mobile device but theres certainly room for growth. just a few suggestions for future updates:

1. non destructive gain per region
2. "insert time" - this would let you move everything beyond the curser 'x' amount of time. i.e. 2 bars or 20 seconds, etc(user defined). also delete time would be useful
3. "duplicate time" - this would let you make a duplicate of an entire block of tracks/regions - a user defined amount of time.(like if you wantedto repeat the chorus 2 or 3x)
4. a way to "flatten" the freezes so you could further chop them up and add new effects to the track(this flattening would also serve well as a track bouncing of sort)
5. a "swap L/R" edit function for stereo regions
6. a change pitch/speed destructive edit function (one could pitch down a region 1 octave essentially making it twice as long)

am really looking forward to the future with this app!

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:39 am

All great ideas, thanks. @schroedpot, there's no way to move multiple automation points at this time, but it's a good suggestion, thanks.

Rim

schroedpot

Post by schroedpot » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:09 am

I'm loving Auria more the more I use it, mainly with audio for corporate video.

One more wish... an option to return to the original playhead position when hitting stop, rather than stopping the playhead where it sits.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

That option already exists. It's called "Auto Return". You can set this in the transport options (press the transport counter).

Rim

tkofaith

Post by tkofaith » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:21 pm

I've seen a couple of posts regarding the metronome being recorded or not. I would like to have auria record the metronome to a separate track. Then it could be used when needed and muted or discarded when it's not.

Love the app!

Blessings,

Tim :D
Blessings,

Tim