The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Navpack » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Turns out the Dropbox upload limit via the web is 300MB and this file is 314MB. Explains why Dropbox was reporting an error each upload.

Looks like transfer via iTunes sharing will be the course needed for large files - I am glad it wasn't with Auria itself.

Regards,

Phil

Neurone

Post by Neurone » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Please, please, please.
MIDI SYNC

I have hardware that needs to run in time.
My life for a decent app that has midi-sync.
EVERY DAW in existence does it, why not the iPad ?

MIDI SYNC PLEASE !

ablethought

Post by ablethought » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:18 pm

as far as i can see paralell compression is not possible is that right. you cant "send" to busses so only the master could have a compressor on it able to recieve a signal via aux send and there are no plugins via aux that are compressors.... is that right?

i would like to suggest bus send/return support

i would also like to know if there are any compressor plug ins in the works via plug in store

also is midi clock in/out going to be supported in the near future?

thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:22 pm

That's right, the subs are single send only (you can't do parallel processing currently).

Good idea, though.

Rim

IanOsrin

Post by IanOsrin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi to all on the forum, this is a great program, I agree with an earlier post which says calling it an app is almost an insult.
My wishlist:
1. The ability to link faders, sometimes I feel like I am playing fruit ninja.
2. The ability to move channels around, ie grab a channel and move it anywhere above or below its current position ( left or right in the mixer view)
3. Post fade Aux positions please.
4. A method of seeing a single channel setting whilst still in track view, perhaps click on fx as in mixer view and see the channel settings for that track.

I accept this is nitpicking but would certainly speed up aspects of my workflow

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks. Actually, some of these already exist in Auria:

To link faders (grouping), just click the group icon to the left of the transport. Then touch a few of the faders. You can set up to 8 groups.

To move tracks around, go to the editor, and tap and hold on the track bar on the left (anywhere there's no controls, like on the name of the track. Then, just move it to the new position.

Rim

hansjbs

Auria lite

Post by hansjbs » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Maybe you guys can create a version for people like me who only needs maybe 16 or less tracks , same capabilities but with less tracks. You can also add an in app purchase to add more tracks if one needs to.This way it can be more affordable and would get more people to buy. I wanna buy this app, and the price is great but I ask myself everytime, would I ever need 48 tracks? I'm not recording a band, just wanna paste from other apps a few drums tracks, a few keyboards sounds and some vocals and that's it. :D

aviadderi1

Post by aviadderi1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

I wish if will be a tempo track with automasion on bpm
I wish will be a instrument channle with midi suported

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 pm

If I haven't said it before, this app is brilliant...

Question - is it possible when importing audio that the program remembers which folder you were in last, even from Dropbox?

Regards,
Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks. I think we should be able to add that to a future update.

Rim

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi Rim,
I have a request which nobody else seems to be asking for......a proper stereo pan pot on stereo mixer channels please. I regularly mix stereo tracks with a chosen position for both the left and right side.......for example a stereo piano mixed at a 'quarter to eleven' or 'ten past five' type setting. Let's have a pan pot with 2 markers on it!
Yes I could split all the stereo files onto 2 channels each, but it's a pain and makes a mockery of having stereo channels on the mixer.

Well done with this great app and your excellent support on this forum which puts the big names to shame. I'm looking forward to it being becoming my first choice software.

Bring on the proper stereo pan pot!

Thanks, Bob

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:43 pm

Bob,

Great suggestion, thanks. I appreciate it!

Rim

Shane Turner

Post by Shane Turner » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:36 am

A few suggestions: :D

-Audiocopy directly from within the file manager (audio import) window.

-When doing a mixdown (or as an option somewhere), the ability to choose the directory where you will save the mixdowns to, and have it remember that directory for the rest of the session. (Helps keep your files organized if like me you do a lot of this).

-Some kind of basic pitch shifting in the process window.

-Much like the AudioSuite menu in Pro Tools, the ability to destructively process selected regions of the current selected track with the current audio fx in place OR choose a plugin to destructively process a selected region (with preview). Right now of course one can simply do a mixdown, but having an option like this just saves time if you do this a lot.

mandodon
Expert

Post by mandodon » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Would it be possible to make the track colors around the wave forms semi transparent so you can see the grid (and the tracks underneath) through them? That would make editing easier.

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Snap to grid works fine but I agree - semi-transparent grid lines would be useful.