The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: SLow work flow??

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:30 am

Good point - audio copy is indeed 16 bit. I'll look into a duplicate with a popup for the number of times to duplicate.

Rim

rickboon
Expert

Email for mixdown file

Post by rickboon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Need to be able to email mixdown file from Auria. Also, is there a way to get Auria to dump its mixdowns into ITunes?

boone51
Expert

Re: Importing audio files via Dropbox

Post by boone51 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Since Garagebrand seems to only let me export m4a in an email, is there any chance of being able to import those files at some point? I'm assuming that's why im not seeing my file in the in app Dropbox manager (it's m4a).

Thanks.

rickboon
Expert

Need tools for automation data editing

Post by rickboon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Auria desperately needs tools for editing automation data-a pencil and eraser are the first things that come to mind. Also a "volume trim" lane like in ProTools is needed to easily trim automation levels on a per region or track basis. Re-writing volume data is not a viable solution.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Need tools for automation data editing

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:54 pm

You can already edit automation is Auria, by changing the view selector in the editor to a particular automation parameter, then simply moving or adding the automation points with your finger.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing audio files via Dropbox

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Right, it's WAV, AIF and MP3 at the moment. it's possible that we may expand this in the future, though.

Thanks,
Rim

rickboon
Expert

Track focus mode?

Post by rickboon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:57 pm

How about a "Track Focus" mode in the Edit Window, where you double-tap the name (or some other way to invoke) and only that track expands to show large tack size, all function and parameters as when all tracks are zoomed out? Keeps from constantly resizing the entire window. Reason does this and it's very handy. Just thinking out loud here.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Track focus mode?

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Double-tap is reserved for highlighting, but if we can think of a good way to do it that doesn't already step on another gesture combination, we'll do it.

Thanks,
Rim

rickboon
Expert

Post by rickboon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm

One point at a time. I'd like to have the ability to draw and erase points freely. But at the very least, delete automation data by region and individual track.

rickboon
Expert

Re: Track focus mode?

Post by rickboon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Tap and hold? I dunno. You guys have done a brilliant job with rhe interface.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I can certainly see adding an option for deleting an entire track's automation, or by region. This shouldn't be too hard to add.

Thanks,
Rim

Dubhausdisco
Expert

With all of this talk of new feature requests...

Post by Dubhausdisco » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Is it possible in ios to let's say, double tap and hold, and a small modifier window would pop up, allowing any number of additional edit options?
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

rickboon
Expert

Post by rickboon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:24 pm

that would be an excellent addition. you know, the "track focus" concept might help you guys out here-double tapping on the track name in the edit window does nothing, so you could invoke it like that. In "track focus", you could zoom, draw fades, automation data (w/pen & eraser tools), trim edges, make cuts (w/scissor tool) etc without having to draw the entire screen-just the selected track. Most people like to do detail work on one track at a time anyway. You could make a toolbar/box available only in this magnified view. An option to display track data as blocks instead of waveforms could help redraw as well (I'm using an iPad3 and am experiencing some lag from redraw). Also, I personally think your track colors are too dark-lighter shades made available would be nice. And fades could be displayed with a darker shade fill instead of just a line. That would be nice too. Also, a vertical zoom fader (size, not gain) would be cool-the pinch thing is clumsy. Sorry, I sound like a nitpicker, but I love your app! I stare at a ProTools screen all day as I have for the past 16 years and know what I like in a UI. You guys have done an incredible job here, especially considering the limitations (advantages?) of the iOS UI. I'm looking to use Auria as a mobile version of ProTools (not as a replacement, a mobile "field" version-primarily as an editor) and it's pretty close right now.

Nique

Re: With all of this talk of new feature requests...

Post by Nique » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 pm

This is in Hokusai audio editor, I believe, and I didn't like the way it functions. If it's an option, whereby you can turn on/off, in the settings in Auria then why not. I just worry that if it was a mandatory function, for some case like arranging, it might be problematic. Although I've not yet spent much time with Auria, so we'll see. I may go back on my opinion.

I would like to see a way to loop quicker, like holding/highlighting a loop button and dragging with your other finger on the audio file. I'd like to see a customization for the buttons placed inside the box where the M (mute button) is currently, like a duplicate button, but you would be able to choose your own shortcuts in addition to mute and solo like normalize and duplicate.

sampletime

Re: With all of this talk of new feature requests...

Post by sampletime » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 am

I'm joining in the feature request debate as I genuinely think you might appreciate suggestions from the users, although I feel a bit bad as you've done a fantastic job.

Anyway, as a Cubase user for some years I really like being able to click on a region (loop) and then pressing the 'p' button which sets the loop parameters to the selection in one go. Saves messing about setting up the left and right side indivually.

So, in Auria's case (maybe) one could select the region (turns blue) and then from the drop down pick "loop to selection".

It's just an idea, but would certainly be a nice solution for me (and others?). Of course, maybe I'm missing the point and there is already a nice workaround.... :)

Anyway, thanks once again for a great product and your very timely responses....the last one was just a few minutes after I wrote it...!!!

Regards
Paul