Midi Alias or ??

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

xmortenx

Midi Alias or ??

Post by xmortenx » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 am

Hi I have a 4 bar simple midi region at the start of a song template going to a lyra drumkit instead of the metronome click. What I normally do in a daw is to quickly modify that midi beat region to fit the song and then just drag to the right to quickly make aliases for whole song. Then record the intial ideas and come back and fix a proper beat for the song later.

Is there a way to make midi aliases in Auria ?

If not is there an easy way loop a midi region for the whole song other than copy/paste and having to move the timeline to all new locations in that process ?

Ps. Can you change the metronome click. It sounds to me like it almost has two transients and is not a very pleasant sound - a computer snap followed by a wet sound. Why not use sample of a proper expensive hardware metronome with a very pleasent ping pong ball like organic snap?? Daws always tend to skimp on the metronome sound for no apparent reason, or perhaps there is one....

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Midi Alias or ??

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:34 am

xmortenx wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:13 am
Hi I have a 4 bar simple midi region at the start of a song template going to a lyra drumkit instead of the metronome click. What I normally do in a daw is to quickly modify that midi beat region to fit the song and then just drag to the right to quickly make aliases for whole song. Then record the intial ideas and come back and fix a proper beat for the song later.

Is there a way to make midi aliases in Auria ?

If not is there an easy way loop a midi region for the whole song other than copy/paste and having to move the timeline to all new locations in that process ?

Ps. Can you change the metronome click. It sounds to me like it almost has two transients and is not a very pleasant sound - a computer snap followed by a wet sound. Why not use sample of a proper expensive hardware metronome with a very pleasent ping pong ball like organic snap?? Daws always tend to skimp on the metronome sound for no apparent reason, or perhaps there is one....
Once you have your region ready, tap the region to highlight it’s edge in blue and tap DUPLICATE as many times until you reach the end of the song. Cheers.

xmortenx

Post by xmortenx » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:54 am

.? :D :D

xmortenx

Post by xmortenx » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:28 am

Got it - you have to be really zoomed in :oops: