Save project to Icloud

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frankv3
Expert

Save project to Icloud

Post by Frankv3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:35 pm

This is probably an old subject but I searched and didn’t find any solutions. I want to go from Auria to my ICloud but doesn’t seem any way to do it. Why is an app made for IPad unable to go to apples cloud. Must be a good reason but I would like to know what it is. So I have tried going to Dropbox then to Icloud but it doesn’t seem to quite work. The files all get to Dropbox fine but when I try to take it to Icloud I get a playable file but can’t find all the other files that are in Dropbox. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Save project to Icloud

Post by Corey W » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Try using the Apple Files app on your iPad to directly transfer your Auria projects and/or audio files to iCloud.
Open the Files app and locate Auria by tapping on 'On My iPad' on the left column. From here you can transfer or move any of your Auria files to iCloud.
Let me know if you need any further walkthrough on this.

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:12 pm

Thanks, Cory. This does seem to work. I was confused because I forgot that the “Project” file is just one big file. Part of the confusion came because when I first Saved a project to Dropbox there was the kind of blank icon with just the name across the middle, but also all the sub-files showing underneath, all the tracks and so forth. When I copy the one big Project file to Icloud it only shows the one big folder (Project File), but nothing really showing underneath so it didn’t look like the copy was successful. But it was. I verified this by copying what I have come to call “the big blank Project File” back into Auria and it proved that the whole project was indeed there, intact and ready to go.

Man, it took about an hour and a half to download the Project to Dropbox, and a matter of minutes going from Dropbox to ICloud using the File app. Thanks and please let me know if anything I’ve just said is not true. Blessings, you guys are always a big help to me.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Glad you got it figured out. I just recently posted this explanation and it may help you understand the inconsistencies in iOS.

When a new Auria project is created a .proj (or .project) file is created. iOS can show this in a few different ways. In some cases you may see the entire project folder that contains the .proj file, snapshots, overview, audio and MIDI files used in the project, etc... Sometimes iOS displays this as a single project file that you can't open to display all contents (on macOS you would use the 'show package contents' command).
As long as you keep everything contained in the same project folder, you can move it wherever you want and you shouldn't have any problem opening it in Auria.

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:05 pm

As always thanks to your expertise and quick responses. You guys are great!