Lyra parameters

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Vigner

Lyra parameters

Post by Vigner » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi!

I have several questions regarding Lyra!
I would like to know if I open an exs24 instrument patch from Logic, Lyra sets the parameters as was programmed in Logic?

I opened some patches and I noticed that when I play the instrument it doesn’t sound the same as in Logic.

Another question as to do with Lyra updates!
Will Lyra be updated so that we can make more adjustments like exs24 plugin in Logic or even the AudioSampler?

This would be very important so that we can use Auria with sampled instruments and edit them to costumized them!

Would like to know if the developers will improve Lyra!
Thanks for a great app and amazing plugins!
Hope you add more features to improve this amazing DAW!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Lyra parameters

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:52 am

Since EXS is a closed format, with no information available on its parameters or how it works, I did the best I could with guessing ;) So while most instruments sound very close (especially pianos and sampled instruments), there will be some that need tweaking in order to match what you hear in Logic. For example, the filters used in Logic's EXS24 won't be exactly the same as the ones implemented inside Lyra, etc. The same is true when trying to open an EXS file in other PC-based samplers, or using sample-format converters.

As for updates, there will eventually be updates to Lyra, but as a one-person operation, please understand I have a lot on my plate with Auria updates as well ;)

Rim

Vigner

Post by Vigner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for the information!
I am very glad there are updates coming!! :)

Keep up the good work!

Vigner

Post by Vigner » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:05 pm

One more question.
Logic sampler (Exs24) has several ways to modulate parameters like lfo and envelopes.

Are we going to see that kind of functionality in Lyra?

It will be great to use Lyra for sound design or to costumize instruments!