Request - Lyra Sampler as an AU app?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jwmmakerofmusic

Request - Lyra Sampler as an AU app?

Post by jwmmakerofmusic » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Hi Everybody,

I conducted a forum search and couldn't find a thread regarding this, so if this is a duplicate, my apologies in advance.

Basically, I'm in need of an AU plugin that can load SFZ files. Lyra can load and play my SFZ files flawlessly. Would it be at all possible for Lyra to be formed into a separate AU app, one with a file system to pop my SFZ files into where all samples are streamed from disk rather than loaded into RAM? I'd be willing to pay around $20-$30 for the app. Thank you for reading.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Request - Lyra Sampler as an AU app?

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 am

it's definitely something I've considered. Thanks for the feedback.

Rim

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am

Lyra as a separate app would be great. The disk streaming is one of its killer features. Can any other app load EXS libraries?

jwmmakerofmusic

Post by jwmmakerofmusic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:52 am

richardyot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:50 am
Lyra as a separate app would be great. The disk streaming is one of its killer features. Can any other app load EXS libraries?
I don't think any other app can do that. $25 would be the right ballpark figure I'd pay, even $30! It's that damn good.

Also, HEY MATE!!! :mrgreen: Nice to see you here in these areas. Cheers.

jwmmakerofmusic

Post by jwmmakerofmusic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:56 am

Rim wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 am
it's definitely something I've considered. Thanks for the feedback.

Rim
Absolutely! As Richard pointed out, no other app can load EXS either, and while I don't own EXS libraries, having a separate AU app that can load those is something sorely missing on iOS.

Also, since there isn't any AU app that can load SFZ/EXS properly, the market for such an app is waiting for the first app of its kind. Releasing "Lyra" as an AU would be a hella great way to line your pockets with some spare change for those who may not use Auria as their primary DAW but need an SFZ/EXS player app.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm

@jwmmakerofmusic Hiya :)

I think even with the freebie libraries like the Salamander piano and Sonatina the app would be more than worthwhile.

jwmmakerofmusic

Post by jwmmakerofmusic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:19 pm

richardyot wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm
@jwmmakerofmusic Hiya :)

I think even with the freebie libraries like the Salamander piano and Sonatina the app would be more than worthwhile.
That's very true. Well me, I've over 1000 sfz patches needing a home somewhere on iOS. Caustic would've been fine, but it doesn't recall loop points nor has velocity layers. Currently, my SFZs found their home in Auria's subfolders. I'd rather use Lyra in Nanostudio 2 where the pre-mixing happens, and then into Auria for the full mixdown and mastering where my Fabfilters reside.