Track drop-down menu width

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rodolfo
Expert

Track drop-down menu width

Post by Rodolfo » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi @Rim,
In almost every plugin (including FabFilters, others available in Auria Store and many others) when selecting a control parameter from the track’s drop-down menu it’s not possible to properly identify some of them due to the very narrow width of the menu and the names are truncated (some examples in the attached picture).
Would it be possible that you please adjust the size to automatically accomodate longer names in the drop-doen menus?
Thanks for your attention.

5E8AF047-EA24-492E-9634-C4D41E6A8EAB.jpeg

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Track drop-down menu width

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 pm

I guess I posted this in the wrong section, I should have posted it in Bug Reports.
I’m not sure how to move it, or maybe delete this one and create a new topic in the right section?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 am

This topic has almost 1,000 views -at the moment I’m writing this- and nobody seems to agree or disagree, and absolutely no feedback from the dev.
@Rim, if you could participate in the iPad Musician group in Facebook you would easily find that the UI/UX problems is one of the issues that irritate people the most, and one of the main reasons -among others- why they prefer Cubasis although it is not even close to Auria’s capabilities.
I kindly suggest that you pay attention to this type of feedback, I believe that issues like this one could be very easily fixed, and ignoring it is causing a lot of harm to your wonderful app.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:39 am

Just one example (from a few hours ago) of what I’m talking about, but I could give you dozens of comments like this one.
Attachments
85622DB1-8583-458D-8227-83DB26BE28BD.jpeg

Trancespotter
Expert

Post by Trancespotter » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:41 am

I totally agree with you and I even posted something about this a few days ago.

I think Auria Pro is the best iPad DAW right now, especially with all of the FF plugins (Twin 2!), but little annoyances such as the scroll down menu sizes, editing MIDI notes (Xequence app nailed MIDI editing perfectly), being limited to 4 markers, and the weird elongated MIDI note bug that happens when you adjust anything in the Quantize box make me wanna pull my hair out sometimes!

I know this is a one-man operation and it’s a ton of work to do, but if these little things were fixed (along with the other things that are in the Bugs forum section and Wishlist thread) then AP would be on another level.

Keep up the good work!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 am

Thanks for the comments, guys and for pointing me to the FB group. As you mentioned @Trancespotter Auria is indeed a one-man operation, and I have my hands full with lots of issues. I agree that UX is very important, and I agree with all the suggestions mentioned. They are on on my list to address. I try and get at least one usability improvement into each update when I can.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:37 am

Rim wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:18 am
Thanks for the comments, guys and for pointing me to the FB group. As you mentioned @Trancespotter Auria is indeed a one-man operation, and I have my hands full with lots of issues. I agree that UX is very important, and I agree with all the suggestions mentioned. They are on on my list to address. I try and get at least one usability improvement into each update when I can.

Rim
While your working on the automation list:
If parameters that have already been automated could appear at the top of the automation list, that would be a huge time saver. Sometimes that automation list can be so long that finding the parameters that have already been used can take quite some time.