Can Auria or Auria Pro do this?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

donka

Can Auria or Auria Pro do this?

Post by donka » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:17 am

Looking to see if I can do all the following in either Auria or Auria Pro. Some of these might seem basic but I'm strictly an amateur and hoping to find an app that does all I need - essentially looking to create some mixes of songs I own for in the car.
  • Set tempo for a new project.
  • Import song from iTunes library and change the tempo of this track to the project tempo.
  • Import an additional song, change the tempo of this track to the project tempo and then align it with the first track e.g. beat matching.
  • Automate the volume independently on each track (with markers?) so I can control the cross fade between the tracks e.g. I may want one track to slowly build into the previous track and have them both playing for a duration before the previous track cuts out.
  • Automate the tempo of the global project (master track?) so I could start at say 120bmp and slowly ramp up to 130bmp over the course of a few tracks.
Any help or input on the above would be gratefully received.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Can Auria or Auria Pro do this?

Post by Corey W » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:47 am

Hello,

Set tempo for a new project - YES

Import song from iTunes library and change the tempo of this track to the project tempo - NO (Auria, like many apps can't import directly from iTunes, however there are workarounds for this. You will need to get a DJ app in order to change the entire song tempo in a track.)

Import an additional song, change the tempo of this track to the project tempo and then align it with the first track e.g. beat matching. - NO (Again, this is better suited for a DJ application)

Automate the volume independently on each track (with markers?) so I can control the cross fade between the tracks e.g. I may want one track to slowly build into the previous track and have them both playing for a duration before the previous track cuts out. - YES and NO (Auria has a full set of automation parameters, so technically you can do exactly as you are asking, but Auria currently only can has a max of 4 markers. This type of crossfade is very easy to accomplish but for what you are looking to do, a dedicated DJ app would be much better suited)

Automate the tempo of the global project (master track?) so I could start at say 120bmp and slowly ramp up to 130bmp over the course of a few tracks. - YES

donka

Re: Can Auria or Auria Pro do this?

Post by donka » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks for the feedback Corey - much appreciated.
The issue I face is the dedicated DJ apps are all real time - I'm looking for something where I can work on the mix as a project and export when I'm happy with the results.
This can all be done on the desktop with Ableton but was looking for someone mobile to accomplish the same.