Folder

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

randytian

Folder

Post by randytian » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:29 am

just wonder I create folder in iOS Auria pro , I can’t find any option let me move project to the folder? I’m beginner in Auria pro please someone can advise? Thanks a lot

Corey W
    Expert

Re: Folder

Post by Corey W » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello,
    Where did you create a folder? In the Apple File App?

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by moving an Auria project to this particular folder?

If you can provide a little more detail it would be helpful to get this all working for you.

randytian

Post by randytian » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:51 pm

I create folder in iOS Auria pro app there is a option create folder, and I intend to move some projects to this created folder for categories my project, however I can’t find the move project option? Thank you for your help

Corey W
    Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Thank you, I understand now.
    In order to move projects into this new folder you have made, use the Apple Files App. You will not be able to move projects inside the Auria app itself.
    You can gain access to the Auria documents folder in the Apple Files App on your iPad under 'On my iPad' (left column).
    Once you are in your Auria folder, you can move your projects into your desired folders for organization.

randytian

Post by randytian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:26 am

I see thanks a lot of your help will try out appreciates your advise

jcpdx

Post by jcpdx » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:26 pm

I've got a related question. What files does Auria (Pro) create when loading a new project? If those files are moved from where they are initially created by Auria, will Auria be able to find and recognize those files? Or to put it another way what is the file and folder structure and hierarchy? The way that new projects are created, with everything just dumped into the root directory seems messy. Or is it just me...?

Corey W
    Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:40 am

When a new Auria project is created a .proj (or .project) file is created. iOS can show this in a few different ways. In some cases you may see the entire project folder that contains the .proj file, snapshots, overview, audio and MIDI files used in the project, etc... Sometimes iOS displays this as a single project file that you can't open to display all contents (on macOS you would use the 'show package contents' command).
    As long as you keep everything contained in the same project folder, you can move it wherever you want and you shouldn't have any problem opening it in Auria.
    Rim may be able to shed some more light on the iOS inner workings, but from my experience in cleaning up projects and folders, I haven't had any issue with opening projects after moving things around.