Background music created from an app?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

Background music created from an app?

Post by jrech » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:06 pm

I am looking for an app or apps on the iPad that allows you to put in s chord progression and it will generate an instrument playing background music to the chord progression you type in. It is like band in a box or garage band. You type in the chord progression and it will generate the music for you to insert in as background music. It will generate either a sound file you can insert in auria via audiobus or import the file in. It might generate a midi file that can be inserted in auria and an instrument is then picked in auria. Garage band is pretty cool but it only has 4 rhythms. It creates an audio file that you insert via audio share and it is nice. I am hoping there is another app that will create more and different tracks. All recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

TomD
Expert

Re: Background music created from an app?

Post by TomD » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:47 pm

I use iReal Pro for my jazz charts mostly, but it has a variety of styles. It allows you to control volume levels between instruments, export as a few audio file types, and create basically any chord progression you would like. You can also change keys easily. Might be worth looking into.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks Tom. I just got it. It looks really nice and has a lot of choices. Just what I was looking for.

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Great, glad to hear it!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 pm

The SessionBand series of apps is also very useful for what you’re looking to do.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am

Thanks supernorton. got the sessionband piano. It is really cool too. Does it do midi files, and I am missing out how to do that. I put the .wav fil from audiobus into auria and it work without a problem. A midi file would be cool to select from one of the sound files in auria or a third party file. What other ones do you suggest in the sessionband apps?

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:56 am

supanorton wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 pm
The SessionBand series of apps is also very useful for what you’re looking to do.
I just picked up SessionBand also, Jazz Bundle. I really like the sounds. Any idea if there are any forums with a complete Real Book for jazz standards that can be imported like the iReal pro community has done?

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:21 pm

jrech wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am
Thanks supernorton. got the sessionband piano. It is really cool too. Does it do midi files, and I am missing out how to do that. I put the .wav fil from audiobus into auria and it work without a problem. A midi file would be cool to select from one of the sound files in auria or a third party file. What other ones do you suggest in the sessionband apps?
I don’t do midi, so I have no idea. Sorry about that.

I bought just about all the SessionBand apps when they were on sale a while ago. I’m a rock and roller, so I like all those (rock, blues, piano, etc.). The ones with multiple instruments come with a mixer, so you can just use the instruments you need, which is nice.

I don’t recall any recent sales from them, so maybe there will be one soon. They have been updating them periodically.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:22 pm

TomD wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:56 am
supanorton wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 pm
I just picked up SessionBand also, Jazz Bundle. I really like the sounds. Any idea if there are any forums with a complete Real Book for jazz standards that can be imported like the iReal pro community has done?
Sorry, I have no idea about that. Please let us know if you find something.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:25 pm

I got all of the them. I like how it works and the drums and bass are sweet sounding. If you plug in the chord progressions on each app you can create cool background music in auria. A little work but it was cool to do that. I will find a way to convert audio to midi. I am sure there is a way to do that. Not a big deal.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 am

Ive got Session installed. Can’t get it to work. As far as I can tell ... its pretty useless.

SEGMENTARS

Post by SEGMENTARS » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:42 pm

I just purchased Auria PRO app yesterday. The tools is not working. Like volume of the track. And if I delete some tracks I can still hear the tracks that I deleted. Please help me with the he issue. Thanks.