What are must buy Apps/Add-ons for Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Didj1

What are must buy Apps/Add-ons for Auria?

Post by Didj1 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:33 am

Hi,
I know it’s a bit like “how long is a piece of string?, but any ideas?
Many thanks
Didj1

richardyot
Expert

Re: What are must buy Apps/Add-ons for Auria?

Post by richardyot » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 am

90% of the plugins are excellent and well worth owning. The retune one is probably one of the very few that isn't great, but the FabFilters are all excellent, as are the PSP expansions.

For polishing a mix I would recommend Pro C2, Pro Q2, Pro R and Pro L2.

For effects I would recommend PSP Echo, Timeless 2, Saturn.

FabFilter have released Pro Q2 as an AUv3, which means it can be used outside of Auria in AUM or Cubasis for example, but the Auria native version has been tested to run far more instances than the AU version (100 instances in Auria versus 10 in AU versions in AUM), so it's a case of deciding whether you are willing to sacrifice compatibility against efficiency. It's likely that all the FF plugins will be available as AUs in the future.

dickiefunk
Expert

Post by dickiefunk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:24 am

The Fabfilter plugins are superb and if there were more inserts I would say all of them. However, as there is only four channel inserts, the ones that I find essential are Pro-Q2, Pro-C2, Pro-MB and Pro L2 (master buss).
For reverb my favourite that I've tried is AltiSpace but this is an external app. I use this over Fabfilter's Pro-R pretty much all of the time! Another app that I find extremely useful is Brusfri noise reduction. This is very simply to use but works extremely well!
IK Multimedia make some great amp simulation apps for guitar's and basses.

For instruments you've got the following

UVI Ravenscroft - Piano
Galileo 2 - Hammond
Neo Soul Keys Studios - Rhodes, Clav, Wurlitzer etc
iFretless Bass / iBassist - Bass
iFretless Guitar - Acoustic/Electric Guitars
iSymphonic - Orchestra
Heavey Brass - Horn section
Drum Perfect Pro / Funk Drummer / Soft Drummer / DrumSession - Drums

Regarding Synths there are to many to recommend but I would have a look at Korg, Arturia, Waldorf and Moog to get you started.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 am

You can easily get around the 4 inserts limitation by routing one channel into another with the bussing system. Route one channel into another via a bus and you have eight inserts available, and you can probably carry on daisy-chaining them indefinitely.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Studiomux is very useful for connection Auria and my PC DAW

Bob Amser
Expert

Post by Bob Amser » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 am

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I wanted people’s advice about drumming apps / inserts etc.

I have a Roland TD-3 electric drum kit. Up until now, I’ve exported a guide track and imported it into GarageBand and used the drums in there. It’s quite limited in terms of kits, but the quantising is not too aggressive (and I’m the type of drummer who needs a bit of help with timing :roll: )

What’s the best app to insert into Auria somehow (still don’t know how that works) so that I can just ‘arm’ the track, load up a drum kit, and play straight into Auria? Does such a thing exist? I don’t mind spending some money, although try to avoid monthly subscriptions. I’m just looking for a good range of natural drum kit sounds - the build in sounds on the TD-3 are, well, a little bit ‘of their time’!

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering