AAF to Protools not working

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rumsound

AAF to Protools not working

Post by rumsound » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am

Hi all,

yesterday I purchased Auria Pro and must say it looks very good. I intend to use it as iPad portable recorder with my Apogee Duet interface (works excellent) and then export AAX to ProTools Ultimate 2018 which is my main DAW.

I have no success with importing those aaf files into Protools while aafs from other sources (e.g. Avid Media Composer) work seemlessly every day. Anyone here experienced with this issue?

I can see both aaf file and wav files within the folder created on Dropbox. When I try to import session data from aaf file the error message "Could not complete the Import Tracks command because Error reading AAF WAVE Data ".

I'd be grateful for any hint how to solve this otherwise Auria Pro would be worthless in my workflow.

Thanks in advance,
Roman

Auria Pro, iPad Pro, iOS 11.4.1
ProTools Ultimate 2018.4.0, MacPro 2010, MacOS 10.13.6

rumsound

Re: AAF to Protools not working

Post by rumsound » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:01 am

After some research I tried to open the aaf file in Logic Pro X and it works. When I export the project from Logic to a new aaf then ProTools opens this new one. So there IS a workaround but I still would like to know if there's a direct way to transfer data from Auria Pro into ProTools...

Thanks for any hint :-)