REX FILES

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Elektromechanik
Expert

REX FILES

Post by Elektromechanik » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:47 pm

What’s up?

Yes/No/Soon?

Haven’t tried to find out yet.

Tovokas
Expert

Re: REX FILES

Post by Tovokas » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:24 am

Are there any iOS apps that support Rex2 files? I agree it would be cool, as I have many libraries in the format, but I haven’t heard a hint of anything supporting the format on the mobile side. Anyone heard different? :)

Rusko
Expert

Post by Rusko » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:03 pm

i've heard nothing about rex support--anywhere--for ios. and i've been keeping my eyes peeled for years.

lordy, it would be great for some forward-looking business person at WML to strike a deal/license/whatever with Propellerheads to have at an SDK.

i've had ReCycle since 2001, so i've had actual audio within my Reason rig years before they supported it (per se). vox, my guitars...the works.

these are nowhere near the unreal power of recycle/dr.rex, but the two closest ios things i know of are (and, sure, there are prolly others):

the auto-slicing/mapping sampler in BeatMaker (BM, an app that i find a total pain to use). it's no dr.rex, though.

Beat Twirl (app store also): a cool audio slicer that's just like recycle...except no rex and no auto-mapped nothing. just a handy slicer. but it does have a lot of useful sub-tools.

Rusko

Zeusweiler

Post by Zeusweiler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 pm

I thought Korg gadget had REX now on iOS

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:06 pm

The new Gadget in Korg Gadget, called Stockholm, can read REX files, it's based on Dr Octo Rex in Reason, and was made in collaboration with Propellerhead.

Rusko
Expert

Post by Rusko » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:22 am

Sacré bleu...i deleted Gadget awhile ago!

thanks, guys!

richardyot wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:06 pm
The new Gadget in Korg Gadget, called Stockholm, can read REX files, it's based on Dr Octo Rex in Reason, and was made in collaboration with Propellerhead.