Output Aux effects to stems

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

airliftunderground

Output Aux effects to stems

Post by airliftunderground » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Hi! Very first post, so forgive me if this has been settled elsewhere. I've been using Auria for several months, and it's the first DAW I've really used.

We've reached a stage in the project where it's necessary to output individual tracks w/ effects, and here's where I'm running into a brick wall. The manual says "Also includes Stems option which will automatically bounce every track, including effects and automation, to individual WAV files."

Insert effects are reflected in the stem files, but no aux effects or fader levels seem to translate. I'm starting to sense that's just how stems work, but it would be great to be wrong. The only workaround I can figure would be a solo .wav mixdown of each individual track, one at a time, but I thought I'd use the excuse to join the forum and see if there would be any other way to get stem out put which reflects the current state of each track. I've tried AAF, but it doesn't seem to save aux data either.

Thank for an amazing app!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Output Aux effects to stems

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 pm

Here is whats going on. In AuriaPro the Aux send are sent to Aux Buss which is pre the Master. So the Aux is only included in any mixdown that includes the master buss. So this stem mixdown feature will only include any FX on the track and any automation so if you want level changes to be included in the stem bounce than you must enter that level in each tracks automation lanes. The Aux and Busses are not included in the Stem mixdown option. They are however included in all the other mixdown options like Wav,Aiff,Mp4. Even the bounce track in place option does not include the Aux but does include any bussed track. So unfortunately you cannot include the Aux and bussed tracks to the Stem mixdown option. Cheers and don’t forget that although this is not possible AuriaPro offers more mixdown options than any other iOS Daw.

airliftunderground

Re: Output Aux effects to stems

Post by airliftunderground » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanks, that makes sense. It slows the workflow, but that's probably for the best. Thanks for answering!