Imported Tracks Clipping

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PG1

Imported Tracks Clipping

Post by PG1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

Hi all. I’m newer to Auria. I’ve searched this topic before posting but can’t seem to find an answer. I typically record my songs in GarageBand on my iPad Pro and then export the tracks to Dropbox. I then import the tracks into Auria to mix and use Fabfilters. However, when I play back the tracks in Auria there is always distortion like it’s all clipping. it isn’t clipping in GarageBand and when I listen to the individual tracks in Dropbox they sound crystal clear and fine. It’s only after importing to Auria that the tracks somehow get hotter and start clipping. Is there some way I can make an adjustment in Auria to fix this?

Marcel
Expert

Re: Imported Tracks Clipping

Post by Marcel » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 pm

My first thought is: CPU overload. You can check the status of your CPU usage in the top right of screen, see my picture. I don’t know if this is the solution, but you could perhaps kill all unused apps, and perhaps use a ram cleaner (for instance the free app Smart Memory Lite). Might help.

Other solution might be to optimise the settings in Auria, but someone else might be as kind as to give some advice about this, cause I don’t know how to do that.

Or perhaps it is only something simple like turning the volume sliders down in Auria. Or perhaps you have added an effect which causes the issue.
Attachments
F6434016-999B-4031-A039-6CA614814CC0.jpeg

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Imported Tracks Clipping

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:25 pm

It also might be your audio interface, or its settings. If you can post some more info about your interface, maybe we can help troubleshoot the problem further.

Rim