Drums from GarageBand to Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frankv3
Expert

Drums from GarageBand to Auria?

Post by Frankv3 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Ok, can’t seem to figure out how to get the virtual drummer loops from GarageBand into Auria. Can anyone help me out with explicit instructions? Thanks

Corey W
Expert

Re: Drums from GarageBand to Auria?

Post by Corey W » Fri May 25, 2018 4:48 pm

If you prerecord the drum loops to tracks in Gargageband, follow these instructions to then get the audio into Auria:

You will have to process one track at a time in Garageband and then import the tracks into Auria.

-Open Garageband, select your project
-Solo the track you want exported
-Tap 'My Songs' in the upper left
-Tap 'Select' in the upper right, tap to highlight your project and tap the Share icon (upper left, first icon on the left)
-Choose 'Open In' from the window, bottom row
-Select 'Song' and tap on 'Share'
-Choose 'Copy to Auria Pro' in the next window
-Your Garageband audio files can be found in the Menu> Import File section of Auria Pro
-Repeat the process for each track you want to export from Garageband

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks, Cory. I’ve gotten to importing file from GarageBand to Auria but can’t find the file there after doing an import file. I’ve looked under the project I want to put it in and have selected but don’t seem to find it. Is it hidden somewhere? Thanks

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Sun May 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Cory

We may have stumbled onto some weirdness here.
I was trying the “usual” steps outlined to see if I could help Frank out, and I ran into the same issue he’s reporting - that the export is not appearing in import file window.
Steps I followed -
Used the share feature in GB (as a wave file), share with AP. The file did not appear in the Import File browser.
Shared from GB to AudioShare - the file did appear
Tried sending the file from AS to AP. Again, the file did not appear in AP! I sent a couple of drum loops from AS to AP and those worked fine.
I used the Document Picker in AS, manually copied the file, then manually pasted into the AP document picker. This did work and I was able to import the file.
Next test, sent the file from AS to MultiTrackStudio and it worked as expected.

Then as a last test, in GB share I selected Files as the destination, and then the AP folder. This worked as expected. so Frank, as long as you are on iOS 11, this may be the path for you to follow.

It’s almost like there’s something odd with the file header that AP doesn’t like via the “Open In” function? I’m by no means smart enough to know these things, but since MTS worked and AP did not.....
Just thought I’d share this little experiment

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Thanks guys. The easiest thing for me to do was share from GB to copy to Dropbox. It then was easy to take to AP. Don’t know why it won’t go directly there but this works.

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Glad it worked on Dropbox, didn’t try that...
here are a couple of screenshots of the method I used in GB, just to bypass any upload/download time
3C0566A7-64D0-4E5A-A45B-82CBDEF9D992.jpeg
9711381A-5E20-4010-B119-D3E5842081CC.jpeg

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:57 pm

That is the best way to go, but when I hit share in GB it doesn’t give me the Files option, and I have 11.0. That’s why I used Dropbox instead. I could not get the Files option to come up as a destination. Any suggestions? Thanks

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Tue May 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Try swiping that bottom row until you see “More”, select that and turn on “Save to Files” - that was on by default for me, so not sure if that’s it

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:16 pm

Man, thanks for trying to help. I tried going to the More but it doesn’t bring up the Save to Files, only save to Dropbox and iTunes. It’s crazy that I can’t get this music file to Files. Have to do more research and maybe will just have to go through Dropbox. Frustrating! Thanks for the help.

Marcel
Expert

Post by Marcel » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Use AudioCopy.
Download AudioCopy from the app store (think its a free app)
Solo the drumtrack in GB.
Choose share song.
choose a format which works in Auria (i choose wav 24 bit)
Choose Copy to AudioCopy
Open Auria
go to the Wavs panel and select the track where you want it
Choose Paste
AudioPaste opens, and select Mobilegarageband, there is the file
Problem solved (i hope :) )

After this i suggest to delete the file in AudioCopy (for storage reasons of your iPad)

Hope this helps.

PS. The pictures order should be : GB pic first, Auria pic second. Couldn’t get that right :) Sure you’ll understand.
Attachments
DAFE88DB-C36A-4CC3-813A-EA8A274E4145.png
072BFF62-DE5D-4B86-8E52-33E681A2C04D.png
Last edited by Marcel on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 am

Frankv3 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:16 pm
Man, thanks for trying to help. I tried going to the More but it doesn’t bring up the Save to Files, only save to Dropbox and iTunes. It’s crazy that I can’t get this music file to Files. Have to do more research and maybe will just have to go through Dropbox. Frustrating! Thanks for the help.
I found this article,
https://www.tenorshare.com/iphone-fix/f ... rking.html

Maybe that’s it....