Overdubbing with Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

WayneWickman

Overdubbing with Auria

Post by WayneWickman » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Auria is awesome for recording in a live setting (everyone knows that, right?). But how do people overdub? I’ve been trying different ideas but always end up with latency issues or not being able to hear (monitor) the new track. I use Behringer X18/iPad.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Overdubbing with Auria

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 19, 2018 8:56 am

First make sure you have Record Monitor on in AuriaPro’s record settings. Set your latecy setting to a lower size like 128 or 64. Your X18 should have direct monitoring so you can monitor directly from your X18 mixer input and not the round trip from X18 to iPad and back to X118. Also don’t record with FX on so set to Disable FX during recording. In the future tell us your signal chain, iPad version, iOS and AuriaPro version so that you can receive more acurate advice. Cheers and good luck.

WayneWickman

Post by WayneWickman » Sun May 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Thank you. When you mention "latency setting" are you referring to the "Record Latency Adjustment"? That field is currently defaulted as 0.
W

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed May 23, 2018 8:49 am

Sorry for the confusion, I meant the Buffer size which is what affects latency durring recording. It defaults to 512 but that setting has a good amount of record latency. A setting f 128 or lower is more usable. When mixing and not recording set this buffer as high as it will go 4096. Cheers and sorry about that. Good luck.