Using midiflow to manipulate Drum midi in Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TomD
Expert

Using midiflow to manipulate Drum midi in Auria Pro

Post by TomD » Fri May 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Not sure if this is possible or if there is a better way of doing this. I have a bunch of midi drum loops that I would like to use in Auria using drum session as inter-app audio for midi drum sounds. Some drum sounds from the midi loops are mapped differently than drum session’s midi. Instead of editing these loops one at a time in Auria’s piano roll, I was hoping using an app like midiflow could automate this for me using the note remapping function. I have been messing around with midiflow with no luck achieving this. I’m not sure this method is even possible, but maybe someone has a better solution?

TomD
Expert

Re: Using midiflow to manipulate Drum midi in Auria Pro

Post by TomD » Mon May 07, 2018 12:09 am

Well, I’ve figured out a way to accomplish most of what I needed with drum session. If anyone is curious, I was able to use the piano roll in drum session. I edited the drum sounds and midi assigned to match the original midi file, in my case ez drummer. Now I can import my ez drummer midi into Auria and have drum session IAA play the midi file correctly.

However, I would like to import my midi files into drum session rather than Auria as this would be easier for me to create my drum tracks. I’ve used file sharing and ifunbox to get files into drum session custom patterns folder. Drum session won’t recognize the standard midi file and uses its own .drumsession file extension inside the folders. Has anyone had any luck importing midi files into drum session?

Maybe it’s already been suggested, but could a preview for midi files in auria be implemented before importing? I realize this might be difficult because of all the variables. Maybe having some way of selecting the midi track to preview the midi file with would work?

TomD
Expert

Re: Using midiflow to manipulate Drum midi in Auria Pro

Post by TomD » Tue May 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Turns out standard midi cannot currently be imported into drum session using file sharing only drumsession files.