How to save as new project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Marb

How to save as new project

Post by Marb » Thu May 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Well I have a tenplate for Auria with multiple Loopy channels coming into the mixer for creating different mixes of different projects BUT when I come to rename project (same set up for Loopy but different Loopy project and names on each channel in Auria) it seems to write over the previous project.

All I want to do is have the same 12 Loopy channels coming into Auria but each treated as a seperate Auria project (named differently) to matcheach Loopy project without wiping previous Auria projects.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: How to save as new project

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm

You don’t want to save a project but rather save a snapshot since your always in the same project, thats why saving the project overwrites the project. So Save snapshots whenever your in the same project. Don’t forget to name each snapshot with a unique name so that youdon’t write over a snapshot. Don’t forget to leave a response so that I know you got the help you needed. Cheers and good luck.

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Fri May 04, 2018 7:59 am

In your case, I might suggest using the Menu/Save Project/Save Copy of Project.
Use a generic name for your template (loopy setup?), then Save Copy and give it the Loopy Project’s name at that point.

Keep in mind that Save Copy will duplicate all audio files in the project as well, if there are any - so your storage could get eaten up. If it works for you, keep the template free of actual recordings and make the copy prior to getting to work.

Hope that helps

Marb

Post by Marb » Fri May 04, 2018 9:11 am

Ok, I created a snapshot while an old project was open (just the channel names and no audio) and renamed them. Saved as snapshot. Loaded old project (with different channel names) and it still kept the names I made in the last snapshot so basicly snapshots are native to projects and not universal.

All I want to do is save seperate Auria projects/snapshots with their individual channl names for each differing Loopy project. The only Audio I will create is when I do a mixdown of all inputs to a stereo to save in Dropbox.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri May 04, 2018 10:38 am

Yes thats what I said, snapshots are snapshots of a particular project. If you whant a different snapshot set that is outside the project then you will need to create a new project for each of your setups. So what your thinking is that you can be in a project, mess with it and then save it as a unique project. This can’t be done as you have discovered. You must create a new project for each unique loopy setup. Good luck.

Marb

Post by Marb » Fri May 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Or just different snapshots for each loopy project under the Auria project name “Loopy Mixing” or the like.

It also sometimes fails to load the different snapshots I have saved unless I close down Auria, reboot the ipad. That’s not a good way to work.