Song from itunes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Skippy567
Expert

Song from itunes

Post by Skippy567 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Can someone explain to me in English and click by click how to get a song from my iTunes songs folder imported into a new song file in Auria?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Song from itunes

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 pm

You cannot do this from within your iPad for free. There are some apps that get around the iTunes agreement and your welcome to purchase them. For free you will need to use iTunes on your computer. The song must be on your desktop computer in iTunes but thats easy because any song on your iPad from itunes is a purchased song so it will be in your iTunes on your computer as well. Simply drag the song out of iTunes to the desktop or any folder that is easy to find or you can create a folder and move the song to it.
Connect your iPad to your desktop computer and select your iPad, you will see a small iPad icon. Now select apps in the side bar menu. Scroll down to Auria, scroll down some more and select Add, then locate the song you dragged from iTunes and select it. iTunes will add the track to Auria. Make your Project in Auria as 44.1 khz as that is the sample rate of an iTunes song. It will also be in 32 bit but Auria will convert the file to 24bit. In Auria select Impot File from the drop down menu and locate the song you just imported and Auria will load the file into the project.

Hopefully you respond to these instructions as I have left lengthy instructions for you before but never knew if you even got them. In order to have continued help here it is best to acknowledge the help and leave a reply. Good luck.
Last edited by Anthony Alves on Fri May 04, 2018 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 am

Various apps can access iTunes purchases. I use AudioStretch for example. I can open the song in AS, then export and open in Auria. I can also choose whether this is a wav or m4a.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri May 04, 2018 11:21 am

Fitz wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 am
Various apps can access iTunes purchases. I use AudioStretch for example. I can open the song in AS, then export and open in Auria. I can also choose whether this is a wav or m4a.
Yes I know this but My recommendation was a way to do it for free. You also forgot to leave a click by click instruction.lol. Cheers.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:21 am
Fitz wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:48 am
Yes I know this but My recommendation was a way to do it for free. You also forgot to leave a click by click instruction.lol. Cheers.
It was an addition for people like me who are iDevices independent. The last time i tried I couldn’t even get iTunes to start on my wife’s laptop! Given your response, and lack of reply, I figured it was enough to show an example option rather than a click by click run down. Cheers Anthony.