Drums and drum loops?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frankv3
Expert

Drums and drum loops?

Post by Frankv3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Hey, out there. I am a song writer and guitarist but not a drummer. And I don’t always have a drummer available when I’m recording. This can be a problem when I’m doing a song that I want to take “big”. What are you folks using to create a drum track? Thanks for responding.

supanorton
Expert

Re: Drums and drum loops?

Post by supanorton » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Drum loops from an online company called The Loop Loft are well recorded with many styles. Easy to load into Auria and they seem to always be running a sale.

Drum Session in the App Store has some excellent kits and editable loops. Quick and easy way to get tracks going.

Drum Loops HD in the App Store is another good sounding loop app. Not as well recorded as the stuff from The Loop Loft, but totally usable.

Some of the virtual drummers in GarageBand are very good.

Positive Grid’s X Drummer is constantly being updated, and is pretty good. You can also load your audio into the app to put the drum track together.

Drum Perfect Pro offers totally controllable realistic sounding kits, but I’ve never had the patience to learn it.

Lots of folks like the drum apps by Luis Martinez, but I find the fills very unrealistic.

Frankv3
Expert

Re: Drums and drum loops?

Post by Frankv3 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Great possibilities. Thanks for being so comprehensive!