Newbie Needs Help: Workflow with Drumperfect Pro and Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

melandujian

Newbie Needs Help: Workflow with Drumperfect Pro and Auria Pro

Post by melandujian » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:57 am

Hi all!

Sorry, I know that this has been asked before (or maybe answered and I can’t find the thread) but I can’t seem to find a good workflow for me when it comes to making a beat using DPP in AP. What good workflow do you suggest? I want to use my MIDI keyboard in AP to control DPP and record in AP...I dunno if that makes sense...Please, I am confused...I tried watching the tutorial videos but they only showed how to control the 16 tracks from DPP in AP and making a drum sequence in AP (and manually making a drum sequence in AP eats up a great amount of time and sometimes limits the creative process)...Can I use my MIDI in AP for these 16 tracks without sequencing a drum pattern in AP? I’m originally a drummer turned multi instrumentalist/beginner-songwriter and I really want to bring out the best out of DPP with AP...Thanks in advance! 😀🙏🏻👍🏻

Lonelypunk
Expert

Re: Newbie Needs Help: Workflow with Drumperfect Pro and Auria Pro

Post by Lonelypunk » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:14 pm

Drum perfect pro is an awesome app but it has one hell of a learning curve. I recommend learning to use dpp on its own and sequencing everything from within the app and then exporting the stems into auria once your done. Personally I find doing anything midi in auria an absolute nightmare and will only use it for audio and I can imagine sequencing dpp from auria bring a miserable experience plus you wouldn’t get full use of everything dpp has to offer if you sequenced it from auria and just use it as a sound module. Definitely though if you put the time in to learn dpp is an excellent app!

melandujian

Post by melandujian » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for the advice 👍🏻😀yah, I tried sequencing DPP in AP and it really was a pain🙁 So, I’ll just sequence in DPP and export it to AP then...And you’re right man! DPP is a great app and AP too! Really sounds like the real thing! I hope both AP and DPP come up with an easier workflow (for newbies like me) between them in the future! They really are awesome! 👍🏻😀

2l8m8

Post by 2l8m8 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Did you see this tutorial ?