Fugue machine: receiving input from wrong channels - why?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Nextom

Fugue machine: receiving input from wrong channels - why?

Post by Nextom » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:50 am

I‘m trying to connect Fuge machine to Auria. But I want to only receive a certain playhead per channel, say channel 1. Instead, FM‘s playhead 2 is also being received on Auria‘s channel 1 - which is no good. I want FM‘s playheads to play only their specified channel in Auria. How do I do that? I thought it must be in Auria‘s midi control window by setting channel there to 1 - but no. I‘m still receiving playhead two, which is supposed to send only on channel 2.
what am I missing out on?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Fugue machine: receiving input from wrong channels - why?

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Fuge machine is not AU3 but it is IAA compatible. More info is needed to understand your issue. Are you using FM as an IAA? Did you plug it into an audio track or a midi track? Are you using it as Core Midi, ie. running in the background?
If you want to solve this rightaway then use Audiobus to acmplish this as FM is audiobus 3 compatible. Cheers.

Nextom

Post by Nextom » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Yeah, I tried it in Audiobus, too. But there, I can hook up FM as a midi-input alright, but Auria does not show up under the other tab. So I got stuck there as well.

As to my problems in Auria: I am running FM outside of Auria, just by itself. And I set it to send midi to Auria. I wouldn‘t even know how to do it differently. And: I‘m talking midi, notaudio. I want FM to send to Auria‘s FabFilter Twin synth.

wigglelights
Expert

Post by wigglelights » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:49 am

I believe this has to do with an easily confusing part of ios midi - the difference between midi channels and midi ports. Added to this is each dev may handle the implementation differently.

I test this, based on your desire to have FM running outside of AP.
In FM midi settings disable all playheads out, and set each individual play head to the FM Midi Out
33E90852-5B36-4BAD-9929-E9067279777D.jpeg
In AP, press FX on each midi track, select the proper channel and FM Midi Out as the source
A07996FF-BEA5-49DF-8C71-A48B3F0CBDB4.jpeg
All good to go!

Nextom

Post by Nextom » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:36 am

Exactly. I‘d found the same solution myself, later in the evening. Thanks!