Effects send and return help

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

harperp62

Effects send and return help

Post by harperp62 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 am

Hi Please Can Someone Help me
I'm new to Syria pro and want to know the best settings to record a vocal track with external effects from my 3rd party app vocal live
I have this working sounding good but my question is what s the correct settings so I can record and monitor the effects but adjust the change the effect levels on playback .
Not sure what to press do I use the aux 1 send and return or what ?
Please can you help me set it up
Thank you
Paul harper

wigglelights
Expert

Re: Effects send and return help

Post by wigglelights » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:12 am

harperp62 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 am
Hi Please Can Someone Help me
I'm new to Syria pro and want to know the best settings to record a vocal track with external effects from my 3rd party app vocal live
One option is to not use the Aux, but insert the effect in the channel strip for your vocal track. Press fx on your track, and on the right select your Vocal effect (where I have Pro-C below)
2D70666F-5F46-4FA5-AADB-698814B1635D.jpeg
Your mic will record dry to the track, and the effect will be heard as you record as well as on playback. FYI, there is an option to print the effect to the track as you record - a long press on the record enable button will give you a pop up to record with effects....
Also, you may experience latency if listening to fx as you record (sounds like a delay). Partially the nature of the iPad, but you may want to check AP settings and set the latency as low (small) as you can before it affects the audio quality. For mixing stability, you can then set this to a higher value after tracking.