Bouncing audio out of a midi track into a separate stereo track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

seldomstatic

Bouncing audio out of a midi track into a separate stereo track

Post by seldomstatic » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:10 pm

So I was watching this video about concurrent midi and audio recording in Auria Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vQKnU3pYv8

Someone in the comments suggested "routing the sound from the midi track on a bus output to a audio track bus input, and the audio comes from the audio track. Just like in Pro Tools."

I tried the suggestion in the comments but can't seem to figure out how to make it work in Auria. While I think I routed the bus inputs/outputs correctly, Auria won't record audio into the stereo track. Here is a quick video demonstrating the problem.

https://youtu.be/MilLr6goGgo

Anyways, not sure if I'm missing something or if this is a bug? :?

Hoping someone here can help sort me out.

Thank you!

wigglelights
Expert

Re: Bouncing audio out of a midi track into a separate stereo track

Post by wigglelights » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Try using the mixdown function;
Solo the miditrack and set your locators, select mixdown from the edit menu, set options to your liking as well as import as new track to yes. Hit ok and you should have it.

Not sure about if the bus inputs work that way.....

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Bouncing audio out of a midi track into a separate stereo track

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 am

I've also seen the "send MIDI audio to a bus and record it in another channel" suggestion many times, but it's not possible as far as I know. You can perfectly select a bus as input in any track for playback, but in the moment you arm the track it will switch to Mic input and you'll be able to select either Mic or MST (Master) only.

The only way I've found is to solo the MIDI track, and in another audio track set the input as MST and record all the song in realtime.

I'd also love to know if I'm missing soething about the "send MiDI to audio bus and record it" or if my method is the only way of doing it (sending MIDI audio to the Master bus actually and record it in another track).

Of course I know I can do a mixdown, a bounce track in place, etc, I'm just curious about a suggestion that comes up very often but doesen't seem to be feasible.