Copy track and other questions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frankv3
Expert

Copy track and other questions

Post by Frankv3 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:16 am

First of all I want to thank all of you who have helped this newbie coming from Pro Tools over the last few months. It has been awesome! Sometimes I feel kind of stupid for asking simple questions about Auria which I can’t seem to figure out. And I do have some seemingly simple questions:

1) How can I easily duplicate a track?

2) I have tried deleting all automation on a track but the choice to do this is always grayed out. I have selected the track then gone to delete. Can’t figure out why it doesn’t work.

3) Is there a way to unselect all regions in a project? Sometimes when I have a lot of tracts with a lot of regions, some regions very short, it is hard to check and make sure none have been accidentally touched and selected.

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Copy track and other questions

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Frankv3 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:16 am
First of all I want to thank all of you who have helped this newbie coming from Pro Tools over the last few months. It has been awesome! Sometimes I feel kind of stupid for asking simple questions about Auria which I can’t seem to figure out. And I do have some seemingly simple questions:

1) How can I easily duplicate a track?

2) I have tried deleting all automation on a track but the choice to do this is always grayed out. I have selected the track then gone to delete. Can’t figure out why it doesn’t work.

3) Is there a way to unselect all regions in a project? Sometimes when I have a lot of tracts with a lot of regions, some regions very short, it is hard to check and make sure none have been accidentally touched and selected.

Thanks, as always, for your help.
HI
1. First make sure that you create a track of the same type (midi or audio) to copy to. Once you've done that tap the region in the track you want to copy and tap copy. Then tap the track you want to copy the region to and tap paste. It will paste wherever the timeline marker is at, so if you want to paste to bar 3.1 just place the timeline there and hit paste. So in reality you cannot copy tracks but copy regions to tracks so if your thinking of just copying the track with say plugins too and settings this cannot be done currently but certainly will be in the near future. In addition know that if you alter anything in the waveform of the copy or original the other one will be changed as well so you must bounce the copy in place to create a new file and then you can manipulate the copies waveform and the original wont change. You can add any plugins to the copy track without affecting the original. So just if your altering the waveform. Not cut copy or paste. These functions are track dependant.

2. Tap AUDIO in the track info section to reveal the automation list that you want to delete, Select your automation type from the list, you will see the automation lines in blue with the white automation points. You must be in this view in order to delete and add automation points. Now double tap and hold and drag across the region and over the automation points and you will see that your finger is creating a grey area, this grey is the selection area. Once you let go the grey area you selected remains grey, now tap delete and all those automation points get deleted. To delete all automation on the track tap Select All and you will see all automation point highlight, now tap delete. Again you must be in the automation lanes view to select all points. To delete all automation in the entire project at once tap Menu, Reset, Clear All Automation.

3. Tap anywhere on a blank area in the editor window, so not on any graphic and everything gets unselected. But not if you have the Multi Select Tool flashing, then tapping on a blank area will not unselect anything so you must have the Multi Select Tool off.

Cheers.

Frankv3
Expert

Re: Copy track and other questions

Post by Frankv3 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks so much, Anthony. You’re always so helpful.