Importing WAV files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bumpydog

Importing WAV files

Post by Bumpydog » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:39 am

Hi all. I'm new to Auria Pro and have an issue importing my converted WAV files. I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 11.3 and Auria Pro 2.17. If I import a generic MP3 into a track it works fine. If I import a WAV file (sample rate converted internally) all I get is white noise/distortion. If I create a new project at 96k and import a (96k) WAV file, the VU meters (and waveforms) are working yet I get no sound. Same with a new 44.1 and a 44.1 WAV (converted as below).

I'm no sound engineer, so maybe it's something I am (not) doing?

The WAV files I am using are converted from FLAC files using AVS audio converter. I'm guessing that the issue might lie there somewhere? I've tried different sample rates/size yet cannot get any WAV files that I produce/convert to work. (Currently using a sample rate of 44.1 and sample size of 24 bits). I also converted a FLAC to WAV using the iSkysoft converter, same result. The FLAC and WAV files all play perfectly on my PC. If I import the converted WAV file into an audio app on my iPad it also plays OK.

Somebody put me out of my misery :-)

Bumpydog

Re: Importing WAV files

Post by Bumpydog » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:23 am

Nobody?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing WAV files

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:15 am

It looks to me like there's some issue with the WAV files you're using not being 100% complaint with the WAV specification. Other apps may work around this, but Auria expects WAV files to follow the spec exactly. I've seen this issue with WAV files generated by other iOS apps as well in the past. Here's what I would try:

1. Restart your iPad (hold down the power button)
2. Open Auria, then create a project at 96K (which I assume is the native sample rate for your WAV files).
3. Import your WAV files

The reason I suggest rebooting the iPad is because after you try to play a corrupted file and get white noise, your iPad will disable the speakers, causing you not to hear anything after you create your 96K project. Rebooting will reset the sound system again.

Rim