Real-Time Recording of Drum Perfect with IAA

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

Real-Time Recording of Drum Perfect with IAA

Post by indratgj » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:43 am

I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything on my specific question.

I recently changed from DM1 to Drum Perfect (DP) for my drum machine. Back when I was using DM1, I would create my drum parts in DM1, set to the same tempo as my project in Auria. Then I'd upload the .wav files to Drop box and import them into Auria.

I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid this export/import process, and directly record the DP drum part into Auria. I've never used IAA. Can I set up Auria using IAA to start/stop DP, control the DP tempo, keep DP in sync, and record the DP instrument outputs in real-time onto separate Auria tracks?

I saw the IAA instructions in the DP manual, but to me they weren't the clearest. Assuming what I want to do is possible, I'd really appreciate a better description of how to set it up from someone who's done it this way.

Thanks in advance!

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Real-Time Recording of Drum Perfect with IAA

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Yes you can do all of that. Here is a link to a video that explains this very topic. Its not my video but it does cover this way of using Drumperfect in AuriaPro. You will need to watch the video till the end as that is when this process is shown. Cheers and good luck.
https://youtu.be/hizcwXxfeE0

indratgj
Expert

Re: Real-Time Recording of Drum Perfect with IAA

Post by indratgj » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 am

Thanks Anthony. I’ll check it out.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro