Is there a way to download presets for Pro-Q2?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

NoiseHorse
Expert

Is there a way to download presets for Pro-Q2?

Post by NoiseHorse » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:45 pm

The presets on all the other fabfilter effects are great starting points for me for specific instruments and situations. I’m wondering if there’s a way to add presets that others have made for Pro-Q2 EQ’s? Presets like “flat 6 band” don’t help me dial in a great EQ for my Guitar, Piano, Bassoon, or Vocals. I realize there are presets for Vocals and Drums already. I also realize things like Guitars and Bass Guitar are very subjective and might already be worked out in Timeless and Overloud, but I know people can download presets on the Mac/Windows version. So I figured someone here might have a method or website where this would be possible. Thanks for whatever ideas you’ve got.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Is there a way to download presets for Pro-Q2?

Post by Corey W » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 am

The 'custom presets' folder for any plugin is hidden by default. The following steps will work for any Native plugin in Auria.

-Start by opening an instance of Pro-Q2
-Use any settings (even flat/default) and tap on 'Default Setting' on the upper left of the window and 'Save Preset', name it anything.
-Once you save one preset for any plugin, you will now have a new folder in your Auria Documents folder called 'Presets'
-Inside the new 'Presets' folder you will now find a folder for each specific plugin (as long as you have saved at least one preset).
-Now you can use the Apple Files app or your Mac or PC to add presets into this folder to recall in the plugin in Auria.

-Corey

Musikman4Christ

Post by Musikman4Christ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Wow great tip! Never knew this one! Thanks so much!

airliftunderground

Post by airliftunderground » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:31 pm

I've been attempting to do this for an hour or so. The preset list only shows the presets made inside Auria, including one moved from the channel strip presets folder. I've moved all presets out, deleted and recreated the Pro-Q 2 presets folder, but no imported files are showing in either drop-down, only my presets made inside the plug-in. What am I missing?