Where to store Auria files?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Frankv3
Expert

Where to store Auria files?

Post by Frankv3 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:00 am

Being an old desktop Pro Tools user I am used to using an external disk drive. This doesn’t seem possible now that I’m using my iPad. Where is the best place to store completed projects. Also, I would like to be able to share and collaborate with others. Dropbox for iPad seems to get terrible reviews. What about iCloud and google drive? I am a musician and not very knowledgeable on file management in these “cloud” times.

Any help would be appreciated.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Where to store Auria files?

Post by Corey W » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am

DropBox is actually a pretty good choice for iPad cloud storage. DropBox has direct integration with Auria and the new Apple File application.
DropBox makes it very easy to have a shared folder between you and other musicians for collaborations. Moving files from DropBox into Auria and vice versa is very easy.

For hard backups of your Auria projects and audio files, (if you no longer have a Mac or PC) look into getting a lightning enabled flash drive, like the Sandisk iXpand or Leaf. Whichever one you decide to get, make sure they have a good (rated) accompanying iPad app as that is how you will be moving files onto and off of the drive.

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Thanks for the info Corey. Could I use my Glyph external hard drive as a backup? Would I be able to just hook it up directly to my iPad and download files? Thanks

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Ha. No, I wish Apple would allow support for 'normal' hard drives like that. It would sure be nice though. Currently you have to have one of the lightning port enabled drives.

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Kind of what I thought. Thanks for all your help.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:30 am

I archive all my old Auria projects on Dropbox, works pretty well with just one caveat: overwriting existing projects on Dropbox doesn't work, you need to delete the old folder from Dropbox and save it afresh from within Auria (because duplicate audio files will not be overwritten, they will simply be added with a (1) after their name and that will break your project if you try and load it again into Auria later).

You can save a project to Dropbox directly from within Auria, and then safely delete it from your iPad, and reload it at a later date.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am

there are external harddisks with built-in wifi. They can be used to export large projects from the iPad, and to import them back.

Frankv3
Expert

Post by Frankv3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks to all for your great knowledge. This forum is awesome!