Slow down audio

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Slow down audio

Post by supanorton » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:43 pm

Is there a way to slow down one 10 minute audio track?

richardyot
Expert

Re: Slow down audio

Post by richardyot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:38 am

The only way I know to do a traditional slowdown (where both the pitch and the tempo change) is with Lyra, but that isn't going to work on a 10 minute track.

The easiest way to do this would be in AUM: set the tempo of your original track, create a new track, set it to File Player, and load your track there, making sure to set it to sync. Then lower the overall tempo of the project and your track will slow down as if it was being played by a tape machine.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:37 am

richardyot wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:38 am
The only way I know to do a traditional slowdown (where both the pitch and the tempo change) is with Lyra, but that isn't going to work on a 10 minute track.

The easiest way to do this would be in AUM: set the tempo of your original track, create a new track, set it to File Player, and load your track there, making sure to set it to sync. Then lower the overall tempo of the project and your track will slow down as if it was being played by a tape machine.
Thank you, RIchard. At least I know it can be done; though, I was hoping to get it done with something I already have.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:27 am

Anytune Pro can also do this, but I think the export options are IAP. Kinda depends what you're wanting to achieve, Anytune is geared towards slowing down tracks so you can learn to play them.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am

Your help is very much appreciated. I didn’t want to spend the extra money on AUM and got some info over at AudioBus Forum about an app called AudioStretch. Incredibly easy, does exactly what I needed and only a $10 app. Thank you, again.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm

No worries, I saw the thread over on the AB forum, glad it's working for you. :D