routing between tracks, auxes, and subgroups

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Caras

routing between tracks, auxes, and subgroups

Post by Caras » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:02 pm

I am very confused about the use of this 3 categories. I can see the use of the subgroups for fading some tracks at the same time. But how to aply FX to tracks isnt clear. It would be good to "see" a full recording project with the options to route FXs to tracks (direct, subgroup, bus, aux).

Thanks

Caras

Re: routing between tracks, auxes, and subgroups

Post by Caras » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 am

I want to use, for example, the same Reverb for 2 different guitars and 2 different voices. Where should I put the Reverb? in each Track, in a subgroup? in a bus? or in the Aux?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:31 am

If you want to use the same Reverb with the same settings for multiple tracks, you can put the Reverb plugin on an Aux and then turn up the individual Aux knobs on each track.
There are many many ways to approach using subgroups, busses and auxes. You should check out some youtube videos on digital recording basics to learn some techniques and then pick what works for you.
Feel free to keep asking specific questions here too.

Caras

Post by Caras » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:58 am

Hi, thanks, well, this is why I am asking here, I do not find videos explaining this peculiar way that Auria use. I do not see the differences between buses, subgrups and aux. I have no problem with "normal" DAWs in my laptop.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:37 pm

This is not specific to Auria, all serious DAWs have auxes, buses, subgroups, etc. and they are used for some common tasks.
Take a look at this video which is based on Logic, but the concepts are exactly the same for any professional DAW (including Auria).
https://youtu.be/x-S1Cy_hXKc

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:03 am

I will try to make a video on the differences and how to set them up. Cheers

Caras

Post by Caras » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:54 am

Thank you

Tanookiaudio

Post by Tanookiaudio » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Personally i would use an aux and then haveit return to a channel and insert my fx on the channel not the aux, this wa6 the same aux can feed multiple channels for example aux 1 could feed a delay, a sweep filter, a phaser and a verb all at the same level and then after eqing the effected channels i could then fold them into the verb channel, i find this helps me clear up any mud the other fx may impart before hitting my verb to glue it all together...this only works for parallel fx, i usually will then run this chain as a serial chain to so the delayed signal will then be fed into the filter and then phaser then finally the verb soi have more options available to work with which requires using different aux sends for each return channel....with the rivage and the digicos, i had auxes and channels to burn so i could do both chains simultaneously and blend in which ever one i chose or each song.
100 inputs and no soundcheck......i got this