First time user

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bean

First time user

Post by Bean » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 am

Hello. I am trying to record eight drum tracks plus a click track plus one more track for the scratch track from people which typically has guitar, bass, keyboards, vocals etc for a total of ten tracks. I am using the focusrite 18i20 for the eight drum tracks. Is there an Auria template available with presets for drums that I can use? My eight tracks are as follows:
Kick
Snare
High Hat
Ride/ Bell
Toms/ Left
Toms/Right
Crashes/ Left
Crashes/Right

Also how do I hear the scratch track or import the scratch track to channel 10?

Channel 9 can be the click track

Thanks.

TomD
Expert

Re: First time user

Post by TomD » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Welcome! This is how I would go about this assuming I understand what you are trying to do correctly. I’m not aware of a place to download a template/ project setup exactly like this, but maybe someone else does. You would only have to setup the template once. Choose a new project with the required number of tracks and setup each track as desired. Then choose, Menu - Save Project- Save Project As Template. You can then use this template for future projects.

For the scratch track you can just import the file via Dropbox. If you have access to the scratch track already via the Files app, place the file in the Auria Pro folder via the Files App. Then just import from your Auria Pro Project, Menu - Import File, choose local or Dropbox at the top, and select the file and desired track for the scratch track.

For the click track I always just set the project tempo and use Auria’s built in metronome.

Hope this helps.

Bean

Post by Bean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank you. By the way when I first opened Auria Pro I noticed there was a song done with drum tracks with some nice settings for the Drums. I wonder could I get those settings to my template? Or is there a resource for preset tracks for drums?

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 am

Yes, that would be a great place to start. I believe there are a couple demo projects that come with Auria. You can just load up the demo project (one is called Heartbeats), save as a template, delete the unwanted tracks, then resave the template. Or you could load the demo project, delete the unwanted tracks, save as a template, then undo the changes. If I remember correctly I think you can download those demo projects again if needed I just don’t remember where.