Newbie question re: 50% off sale

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Micalee

Newbie question re: 50% off sale

Post by Micalee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 pm

My first post, so If this is not the right place please let me know, wasn't sure how to proceed.

I purchased Auria Pro during the sale, I think it was Nov. 27. I used my Amex card, from my iPad wallet, and as soon as I purchased it, I saw that I had been charged $49.99. I thought maybe Auria is swamped right now and they make the adjustment when they process the purchase or something, but no, it's gone through at Amex with the full charge of $49.99.

After that happened, I put another credit card into my wallet on iPad, and used it to buy some of the plug-ins on sale and they went through at the 50% off price.

So I've opened a dispute with Amex about the charge, not because I'm mad or want a confrontation, but because I just needed it documented immediately while I waited to get approved for the message board.

So can anyone tell me the pathway to reach someone at WaveLabs/Drumagog or whoever would be in charge of the billing?

Thanks so much, looking forward to learning and using Auria Pro.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Newbie question re: 50% off sale

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm

All sales issues are handled directly by Apple (developers aren't involved). So it's just a matter of getting a refund from Apple. When we run a sale, we simply set the price in Apple's developer portal and it goes into effect. The issue is that it's not an instantaneous process. It takes Apple's servers some time to update with the new pricing info, so it's possible you get charged the full amount while the prices were still updating. In any case, Apple will sort it out for you.

Rim

Micalee

Post by Micalee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Thank you Rim. I thought that maybe since I bought from the Auria store, not from Apple, that I would contact you guys.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:38 pm

No worries, it would seem like the right thing to do, but in reality as developers we have no control over sales or returns.

Rim