Need help with busses.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Renfield
Expert

Need help with busses.

Post by Renfield » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:35 pm

I really need help with learning how the busses works. The manual and the tutorials on you tube leave me mostly confused. Is there a great thread about it here? Couldn’t find anything that makes me understand it.

richardyot
Expert

Re: Need help with busses.

Post by richardyot » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:26 am

It can be a way to group tracks, or some other routing use. So for example you could create a bus for your drums and send each drum track to that bus, which would create a group which can be controlled with one fader.

But you could also send your drums out to two busses, one which might have heavy compression, and one which might have none - so in this case you would be dialing in the wet/dry amount with two faders.

Or you might decide to send some tracks to a bus that is running a filter or delay or whatever. Essentially any routing task you can think of can be achieved with busses and auxiliary sends.

Renfield
Expert

Post by Renfield » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 am

Thanks so much! I have added a track where I’ve set up an “Abbey Road reverb” (where you first put an EQ and cut everything under 600Hz and above 10kHz and then set up a reverb) that I want to use on several of the tracks but when I run them through the new track the EQ setting affects all the tracks, and not just the reverb. It sounds terrible.
So the answer is to create a new track, that’s dry, for every track that I want to use?

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 am

This should help you to set up a reverb and an EQ on a channel set as an AUX send:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comm ... ent_180413

Renfield
Expert

Post by Renfield » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 am

Worked perfect! Thanks a lot!