Midi notes volume while editing

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Midi notes volume while editing

Post by mtingle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:23 am

I want to change midi note volumes but each time I touch the midi note in the piano roll it makes a noise. Is there a way to turn off midi note noises in the piano roll for when your moving and editing midi notes?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Midi notes volume while editing

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:05 am

By noise, do you mean it plays the note, or do you mean there's some actual noise (like white noise)? Auria previews the note you're moving to by playing it, so you get an auditory clue as to what note you're moving to. The keyboard on the left also does the same thing. There's no option for turning that off.

RIm

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 am

yes I mean the midi note is played. Could you include a little speaker icon (I think Cubase, Logic and the others have such a feature) in the midi editor that toggles the midi notes being sounded when touched? Some times you just need to get busy doing bulk editing of the notes and know exactly what you want to do and don't need the midi note being sounded for reference.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 am

That's a good idea. I'll see if there's room somewhere in the GUI for that. I've got it on the list to look into.

Thanks,
Rim