Managing Auria Store In-App Purchases

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Chainsaw

Managing Auria Store In-App Purchases

Post by Chainsaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Hello Rim,

Thank you for Auria and your 24/7 support.
Usually I can search the forum to find solutions, but when it comes to Restore Purchases it seems to be an ongoing problem with no real improvements.

I own Auria since 2012, upgraded to Auria Pro via in-app, and also purchased 15 other in-app plug-ins.
So technically I own Auria with 16 in-app purchases.

Since 2012, I read the Auria forum daily to keep informed.
I am one of those that reinstall Auria frequently, when there is a large Auria update, or when I perform an iPad restore with an iOS update, or because I experiment a lot with iOS and apps and need to do a restore to get back to ground zero.
I know that I am not alone with the unreliability of the Restore Purchases feature, and lack of flexibility such as not being able to uninstall an effect you do not use (just for the sake of not seeing it every time you insert an effect).
Although not the first time, recently I had a problem getting all my in-app purchases via Restore Purchases, and with several different attempts from restoring purchases twice in a row, to reinstalling Auria and restoring purchases again, etc., I got different results every time.
I am aware that your control of this process is limited due to Apple, but there must be something you can do to improve the process of managing in-app purchases.

Because I do not use all of the plug-ins I purchased, the best solution for me would be to install Auria and selectively repurchase the in-apps that I want.
I want to be clear that this has nothing to do with conserving storage space, but to do with workflow streamlining (I understand that all in-apps are contained in Auria and are enabled when purchased).
However, I have not tried the repurchase method yet because I am uncomfortable with the fact that the prices are displayed, even though I will not be charged. It seems that some users were charged by mistake and had to deal with Apple.

Questions/Improvements:
1) After an install of Auria, for in-apps that were purchased, is there a way that the Auria Store could display 'Get' or 'Own' instead of the price (just like the Apple App Store)? This would clear up the repurchase confusion and risk.
2) Is it possible to add an uninstall feature within the Auria Store for in-apps that are 'Installed'? Or if it is impossible to uninstall, allow the user to show or hide installed plug-ins in the Settings.

Thanks for your support.
Chainsaw

supanorton
Expert

Re: Managing Auria Store In-App Purchases

Post by supanorton » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm

When I open the Auria store, the first page lists all the different categories (plugins, IR files, add-ons, etc.). If I tap on plugins, I’m taken to the next page, which has the plugins and the prices. If I tap on one of those, I’m taken to another page, which describes the plugin. If I’ve already purchased the plugin, IR, add-on, etc., the tab in the right corner says “purchased”. It’s been laid out this way for some time now.

Having said this, I agree that the Auria store is a bit clunky.

Edit: I just checked this and all of my IAPs show as “purchased” except the Pro-Q2 and Pro-C2 upgrades from the legacy versions.

Chainsaw

Post by Chainsaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Supanorton,

If you restored purchases you will see 'Installed' on the pages you described, not 'Purchased'.

I am referring to a clean install of Auria before any in-app purchases are restored. You will see the price.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:28 pm

I agree, the Auria store definitely needs improvement. I simply haven't had the time to redo it. It's on my list for sure. One of the things I also want to improve is having localized prices appear instead of having everything in USD.

Rim

Chainsaw

Post by Chainsaw » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Thank you Rim.

I hope my suggestions somehow get implemented.

Chainsaw

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Very recently it seems apps don’t show up right away after purchasing them. I think this is more an app store issue with IOS 11.1
I bought LayR the other day and it was a no show until I logged out of iTunes and logged back in again. Now just today I picked up Pro MB and it also was a no show until after I hit restore purchases in the Auria Store. Then it was fixed. Just a heads up if anyone else has the same issue