How to change tempo

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MixerFixer

How to change tempo

Post by MixerFixer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:41 am

Can't figure out how to change the tempo on Auria LE.
I have backing tracking tracks, wav files.
On the 2nd page (region page?) I see a BPM box, which does not change, same for all tunes ....set to 120 BPM.
If I hit it , and the dialog box comes up, I can tap a new BPM, but it doesn't change tune.
What am I missing?
Thx for any answer.
Bud

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: How to change tempo

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am

Ok, so it is not possible to change the tempo of a wav. file simply by changing the tempo of a project. This can only be done by time-stretching the audio one track at a time. So if you already know what the tempo of the song is then make sure you set the project to that tempo. Time stretching audio to become a differrent tempo than the original only really works with small tempo changes, say 100 bpm to 110 bpm. So I assume your trying to either slow down the track or speed it up. I will have to check the specs of Auria LE as to wether it offers time stretching as I know that the LE version is the light version of Auria and I’m not sure if this feature comes with LE. I will check and if it does I will link you to my video tutorial on this topic. Cheers and good luck.

MixerFixer

Re: How to change tempo

Post by MixerFixer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 am

Thanx for the help.
Yea, I'm ready to buy Auria Pro, if need be.

When you say "set the project " to the correct tempo, I'm assuming you mean when I originally develop the tune,
In my case, it's midi files on Logic, including tempo data, then exporting to wav, then I transfer to Ipad/Auria via Imagic, and play away.
Works great, except for sometimes I want to slow or speed entire tune.
If possible (w/o much hassle) with Auria pro, then I'll get it,

Thx
Bud