Adding space in the beginning of a song

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mollybloom
Expert

Adding space in the beginning of a song

Post by mollybloom » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 am

Hey Guys,

So i have a song in auria that basically starts on the first beat, i.e. there is no "room" before various tracks start playing. However, I just decided that i wanted to add an intro to the song, and I was wondering if there's an option to insert empty bars ahead of my present recordings which would leave me room to add an intro? I know i can just highlight everything and move it, but everytime i do that, something seems to desync, and I'm not gonna risk fudging up this song :-)

Thanks!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Adding space in the beginning of a song

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:36 am

Highlighting every region ( choose SELECT ALL ) and moving them to the right is the only way to acomplish this. To guarantee that the move is on beat and not out of sync, make sure you set the snap value to BAR. So your already doing it right but you may not be snapping to the Bar. Good luck.

mtingle
Expert

Re: Adding space in the beginning of a song

Post by mtingle » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 pm

find a region thats the length of space you would want to insert. select it and press copy. turn on 'edit/ripple edit mode'. place cursor a the start of the song. press paste. turn off 'ripple edit mode'. delete newly pasted region.

Pretty sure this works.