MIDI not recording?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dizzy

MIDI not recording?

Post by dizzy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:48 pm

Hey

I am new to Auria so apologies if a dumb question.

I am using an external bluetooth midi keyboard (roli seaboard block) to play an AU app (roli noise). It is all connected fine and plays fine, but when I go to record the midi, it misses most of the notes, sometimes capturing none or just the last few. The notes are all triggering fine and I can hear them play from the AU so not sure what is up, any ideas?

dizzy

Re: MIDI not recording?

Post by dizzy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Seems to be some sort of bug with bluetooth.

Track 1 is midi with Roli Noise AU. Can record parts fine. If I create another midi track, also with Roli Noise loaded, most of the notes will not be recorded. If I plug in the seaboard with usb it works fine.

Has anyone else seen this? Let me know if I can provide more info.

Nyanko
Expert

Post by Nyanko » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Looks like it's the same problem I have with recording midi from xequencer. If the first notes of the track are on 1.1, it doesn't record them. I guess Auria has some trouble getting midi info from external apps in general, not only bluetooth. Thankfully it's only the first notes in my case to I can shift my song to the right prior to recording. In your case, I would advise to record into a sequencer which has midi export and then export the recordings into Auria

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm not seeing this problem here at all. Can you describe how you're setting this up? If I can duplicate this here, maybe I can find what you're referring to. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Rim

dizzy

Post by dizzy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi sorry for the delayed reply, what info would you like? If I create a new project, add a midi track, connect my keyboard via bluetooth midi in settings, then try and record the issue happens. Still an issue with 2.15. Would it help if I make a screen recording of the steps? Do you have a support email i could send it to?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Please contact Corey at support@drumagog.com. He'll be happy to troubleshoot this further.

Thanks,
Rim

dizzy

Post by dizzy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Thank you will do