Sampler?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Sampler?

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:47 am

No problem, happy to answer your questions. The instrument categories you see in Lyra are simply a reflection of the folder structure. So if you put your files in the Drums folder, you'll see them in the Drums category in Lyra. You can also create your own folders, and you'll see them show up in Lyra as well, alongside all the other folders.

Rim

mollybloom
Expert

Post by mollybloom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:28 am

thanks - i actually got it to work (sort of): i moved a kick drum to the "drums"-folder and the keyboard that comes up now plays that kick on all the keys. Two decisive questions though (and again, thanks so much for your patience):

1) It seems that the kick-sample, which of course originally had a specific sound, modulates in sound up and down the virtual keys that come up when i open the Lyra sampler; which one is the "original" sample? C1 on the keyboard?

2) is there a way to add, for instance, 50 different kick samples to the SAME keyboard, 50 different snares to the same etc, so that i can build the midi tracks in the piano roll, and then scroll through different sounds to find my optimal setup?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:53 pm

What you're asking for is exactly what SFZ, EXS and SF2 sample formats provide. Lyra is able to load any of these advanced sampler files. They support not only samples on every key, but hundreds of sampler per key (layered depending on velocity and other things such as randomness). But in order to create your own sampler files, you'd need an external sample editor. If you simply want to create a single sample file that has all of your drum parts in it of different keys, I recommend making an SFZ file. It's open source, and can be done with a text editor (an SFZ file is just a text file describing when the sampler should play various WAV files, etc.) There are lots of tutorials and info if you google SFZ.

Rim